• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT THE SUPER INDULGER: Play Stand for African Greys & Similarly Sized Birds

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
THE SUPER INDULGER is a stand for all of the African Greys, Pionuses, Eclectuses, and small Amazons out there who want a fun and sturdy place to call their own. Birds will find this stand a breeze to navigate, owing to its excess of steps and stairs leading from level to level, regardless of flight ability or clumsiness.

Some of our customers told us that their birds (mostly African Greys) were intimidated by the size of the ULTIMATE INDULGER and found it hard to navigate, so we sought to make it more accessible. We made it narrower and added a bunch of steps to improve mobility. We also got rid of the extra step on top which might have made it difficult for some birds to reach the bowls. Our efforts have resulted in THE SUPER INDULGER: the perfect gym for African Greys and similarly-sized birds.

The PVC is NOT the same as plumbing PVC. This is high-quality, furniture-grade PVC which is 100% bird-safe. All metal used is stainless steel. Comes with two stainless steel 20 oz. bowls.

Requires some assembly which should take no more than a couple of minutes. Includes perches, vet wrap, numerous stainless steel hooks, 2 quick links, a swing and easy-to-follow assembly instruction booklet. Does not come with any toys or birds.

MEASUREMENTS (US): 5'10" in height. 17" x 15" at the base. Perch diameter is 1.3"

MEASUREMENTS (METRIC): 1.47m in height. 43cm x 38cm at the base. Perch diameter is 33.4mm.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The use of so many different colored vet wrap is a very nice touch!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lovely stand! Looks fun! :)

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I checked and lead is not used in North America in the making of PVC pipe.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I checked and lead is not used in North America in the making of PVC pipe.
You are correct! It has been phased out in the past decade or so. When I first started this business I relied on info from older bird people, who all wrote that PVC had lead in it. Only recently did I do my own investigation and find that lead is no longer used American-made PVC. I actually copied-and-pasted that part of the description from an old document without checking it.

That said, I still choose to use furniture-grade PVC over plumbing-grade. Furniture-grade is stronger, lasts longer, and is more resistant to UV rays. It has a glossy finish instead of a matte finish, which makes it much easier to cleab, especially if you leave the vet wrap on too long and it gets sticky. It is more expensive, but if you take care of it these stands can last a lifetime.