• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Story Of Yuna

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Carole, I knew when you "rescued" little Yuna it was meant to be! I know we were so afraid that she would not make it, but boy is that feathered girl determined! Your love and caring has healed her and I love listening to her chatter when we are on the phone. She has such a happy, sweet voice!:heart: The two of you have already developed a strong bond and I know you will both have many happy memories together!! :hug8:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
You are amazing, Carole! :heart:

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Wow ... Well she is absolutely precious. And such lucky birdie to have found you - it truly seems like you are a perfect match for her. I wonder, has Cochise had any reaction to the sound (or sight) of her?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Yuna is a gorgeous girl.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.:hug8: Peggy is right, Yuna is very very special, and we are so happy she is here and safe, and loved!:heart:

GreyGirl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Taylor
She is so lucky to have found you! What a gorgeous girl and an awe-inspiring story to boot:laughing12:!

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Love her!:heart: Iwill never forget that vid you posted of her on her back,getting scritches.:heart:

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Carole, as I said before, Yuna would not be alive today had you not taken her in when you did, and had you not hospitalized her immediately. Then, it was just a matter of time, love, nutrition and medication, before you nursed her back to health. You are now imprinted on her mind and heart, as the beginning of the rest of her life, a life void of pain, and full of love and health. You both deserve each other:cloud9: My motto has always been "you reap what you sew", Carole, and you will be reaping for many years to come with that sweet Angel. Your videos of her are maginificent and endearing and a true testament of the progress you have acheived with her, both physically and emotionally. May you both have a VERY long life together :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone. You are all so nice. :grouphug2:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Moderators, would one of you please post Yuna's special award in this thread so I can save it? When I re-did my signature it would not allow me to have that many things, so for now I removed it. I forgot to save the pic when I deleted it. But sometimes I like a change, and I put them back, like Cochise's award which I have saved.
Thank you!!!:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I missed this story! So heartwarming!:heart:

CrazyBirdLady

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jaime
Thank you for sharing Yuna's story. I had no idea of the struggles that the two of you have been through together. I always love seeing pics of her and hearing about her, it is so evident how much you love her! :hug8:

Ranyart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Lovely heartwarming and inspirational story - Lucky lucky Luna! Way to go Carole - The transformation pictures are amazing!

FidFlock

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nikki
Go Yuna! I root for you all the way! :heart: It just goes to show you what truly magnificent animals birds are, allowing themselves to adapt like humans. I'm in awe.