• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

the story of our "hamster overload"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

looniebirds

Jogging around the block
Real Name
melody
As promised in my introduction post, I will now tell how I acquired my hamsters. I just know that everyone is just dying to hear this.:hehe:

My daughter, with whose family I share a household purchased a hamster for her kids. One day, when she went to feed her, she got the surprise of her life when she found four little pink babies in there!:omg:

The original plan was for the babies to go back to the pet store when they were old enough, and she was not really planning to keep any. Well, I guess you know how it is, we watched them grow and when it was almost time, I couldn't stand it. So I have the three boys and she kept the female and the mother. She had to separate the mother and daughter, as the mother became angry when the young one got loose and was missing almost a day, and I found her and put her back.

The boys are still together, I watch for signs of aggression, so far so good, they haven't really started fighting yet, but I know that will probably not last, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

So now ya know. I had said "no more rodents for me, after I lost my guinea pig, Bindi.:( That sure didn't last long! I just couldn't let them go to an uncertain fate. I am glad that I don't breed birds, can you imagine?:D

Attachments

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
They are adorable!!
Hubby and I have had a couple of hamsters since we've been together. We kept ours ALWAYS separated... we didn't want babies! :hehe:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Hamsters!!! :dance4: So adorable!!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing very cute hamsters

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wow, they are so dark. I am used to the fawn colored ones. Very cute.

Mommyofgus

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tina
I've never had hamsters but the boys had Guinea pigs when they were little. Yours are cute. I have never seen dark ones before.

Quest

Real Name
Judy

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
How cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.