• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video The Secret Lives of Siberians, or Sarah the Swine

casey&casper

Sprinting down the street
Before we had the Siberian resistant fencing at home, I took Sarah to a local baseball field for her exercise. This is how a Siberian in the South deals with summer. It was a LONG four miles home with her dripping and stinking in the truck.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:rofl: :rofl: LOL! That is so funny! I love the music! :hehe:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Well, humans take a shower after exercizing so I guess that was Sarah's version of a shower. I'll only counter that it couldn't have been worse than having a 1 1/2 hour ride home in a VW bug w/4 adults, 2 kids and a cocker spaniel that had found a dead horse to roll in ... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :bag: :bag:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:lol: :lol: :lol: love the background music...what a hoot...just a girlie having a blast

casey&casper

Well, humans take a shower after exercizing so I guess that was Sarah's version of a shower. I'll only counter that it couldn't have been worse than having a 1 1/2 hour ride home in a VW bug w/4 adults, 2 kids and a cocker spaniel that had found a dead horse to roll in ... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :bag: :bag:
Oh man, I don't think I'd have made it under those circumstances! Blech!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Hey, Mom. I needed to cool off! It also changed my scent like my instincts said I should when I am hunting. You don't know what you're missing. Next time, join me!

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:hehe: :hehe:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Oh man, I don't think I'd have made it under those circumstances! Blech!
Umm, yeah, it made for an interesting Sunday afternoon ride home ... we looked like circus clowns getting out of the car when we got home, we couldn't do it quickly enough. Though I thought my mum had it worse because Davy (the spaniel) sat in the front with his head out the window, we probably had it worse in the back because we were in the back seat the the bug didn't have windows that opened anywhere in the back! :depressed: :depressed: :eek: o_O :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

casey&casper

Umm, yeah, it made for an interesting Sunday afternoon ride home ... we looked like circus clowns getting out of the car when we got home, we couldn't do it quickly enough. Though I thought my mum had it worse because Davy (the spaniel) sat in the front with his head out the window, we probably had it worse in the back because we were in the back seat the the bug didn't have windows that opened anywhere in the back! :depressed: :depressed: :eek: o_O :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
I can imagine! What a stench! I had a dog once get sprayed by a skunk and that was bad, and of course Sarah's mud roll was bad, but I've never had a dog roll in a dead animal. Lucky me!

Hey, Mom. I needed to cool off! It also changed my scent like my instincts said I should when I am hunting. You don't know what you're missing. Next time, join me!
I'm sure she'd have loved that! Now that we have the 3/4 acre of Siberian resistant fence I put a kiddie pool for her to play in and she loves when I put my feet in with her. Silly dog!

that shower must have been exhausting for you!! :faint: She made sure every inch of her body was soaked in mud water :hehe:
It was three full baths back to back. She had dirt caked in her ears, getting that out was the worst, took me days to get it all. And with the Siberian double coat. . .. glad it only happened the once!

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
:lol: I love siberians :D Its never boring in my house now that I have one lol!

casey&casper

:lol: I love siberians :D Its never boring in my house now that I have one lol!
She keeps me on my toes, for sure. Most people who meet her think she's a puppy because she's so high-energy, focused, etc. Nope, that's standard Sibe behavior. She's 3.5 and still acts like a year old pup.

I took her into Lowe's yesterday--that and Blockbuster are the best places for distraction reinforcement training--and she was perfectly obedient until the store manager decided to pay her attention. Then it was "ohIloveyou, pleasepetmemore!" To her credit, though, she didn't jump up or otherwise disobey, just lost her calm, cool, collected attitude.

I'll never have another breed of dog, even with the prey drive issue.

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Doggie Spa Treatment. I can't even imagine the bathing process. Does she like baths?