• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures the Screen Door Curtain

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Having birds flying all over the place isn't all that safe OR clean. Riti was the worse as she was always on the hunt for a nesting hide-a-way and got into more trouble that you can shake a stick at. I tried closing the door but it got too cold in winter and hot in summer. Even opened a crack and Riti was gone. So what to do?

I saw a Screen Door Curtain on TV and thought "That might just work" Found it at Home Depot for under $15.00 and bought it. The only "could be a problem" I saw was the bottom where it meets the floor. I can see Riti and Cheddar wiggling under it. So I dug out the partition I made and used before Riti's flights grew in, needless to say it was useless then BUT now it might stop them from getting the bottom and under. No holes just velcro , they do include tacks but as I'm using it inside I'm going to try without them.

Cheddar's already looking for a way out of "Jail". :p

SceenDoor.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is very clever.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Maybe not all that clever...Riti has already figured out she can squirm under it. I'm going the stuff a towel in there and if that works I'll get a piece of foam rubber and cover it with cloth and Velcro in to the partition.

She's why I have so much gray hair.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Having birds flying all over the place isn't all that safe OR clean. Riti was the worse as she was always on the hunt for a nesting hide-a-way and got into more trouble that you can shake a stick at. I tried closing the door but it got too cold in winter and hot in summer. Even opened a crack and Riti was gone. So what to do?

I saw a Screen Door Curtain on TV and thought "That might just work" Found it at Home Depot for under $15.00 and bought it. The only "could be a problem" I saw was the bottom where it meets the floor. I can see Riti and Cheddar wiggling under it. So I dug out the partition I made and used before Riti's flights grew in, needless to say it was useless then BUT now it might stop them from getting the bottom and under. No holes just velcro , they do include tacks but as I'm using it inside I'm going to try without them.

Cheddar's already looking for a way out of "Jail". :p

View attachment 301066
I did something similar - I was able to find asheer curtain panel which I hung between the kitchen and the front room so nobirdy will fly out accidentally. It stops everybirdy except the tiels who just waddle up to it and duck under. The Quakers, sun and gccs come to a screeching halt exceppt for Beni who's figured that he can do a quick sideways maneuver to get through. :bash: :bash: But it was the tiels who chewed holes in the bottom of the sliding screen door and 2 windows, which in turn, the squirrels discovered, enlarged and got inside until we figured out HOW they were getting in.

Chasing a squirrel out of the house is about as easy as trying to catch a stubborn tiel determined on not being caught (whether running or flying). Who knew tiels could run so fast when they want to?

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
I'm late to this thread, but we had this up for not even an hour before our cockatiel flew straight through it and went screaming through the house like a mad man. Not sure that this holds up as well as it appears it will against a panicked bird!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We had one across the front hallway of our apartment to keep Luv Bug from getting out. It only went down to about shin length but its way better than nothing. Luckily she's afraid of it & will fly away if she's on you and you go anywhere near it.