• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Rocky and Scooby Chronicles

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Prior information in this thread- Surprise!

I know I never keep up with update logs but I'll try with these guys!

Last night they took treats for the first time! Scooby is obsessed with almonds, Rocky ate 1 and didn't want anymore than that. I took out the cage divider since everytime they're out, they're right next to eachother, preening eachother, and at night they keep going to the same side of the cage together, either side, so i took it out.

They're so funny, I'm not used to the amazon trills they make besides the couple i see sometimes at the rescue i volunteer at, but i love their little constant noises!

Currently trying to switch them from Zupreem Fruit Blend to Harrison's, so far not going the best, but it's only been 2 days of trying. Rocky will ONLY eat the yellow and green banana shaped pellets in the Zupreem currently. I don't want to steal Basil and Mel's nuts from the nut cupboard at my dad's house so I'll probably go to walmart later tonight and mass buy different types to see what their favourites are.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Secret gets almond slivers. I buy food grade, no salt, from the baking aisle. Great for treats. You don't want to overload them.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If the cage divider is gone, are they DNA boy and girl? Prepared for babies?

If you're not home in front of them 24/7..... one can easily injure the other.

Just my thoughts. I had 2 Amazons that lived in the same home for years. I didn't want to take a chance with mine but like @JLcribber knows, I'm a worry wart.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
If the cage divider is gone, are they DNA boy and girl? Prepared for babies?

If you're not home in front of them 24/7..... one can easily injure the other.

Just my thoughts. I had 2 Amazons that lived in the same home for years. I didn't want to take a chance with mine but like @JLcribber knows, I'm a worry wart.
I believe the lady said dna both boys, but not 100% sure, either way I'd boil any eggs I see.

If I see any aggression I will put it back in, do you think I should be worrying about it more? Now that the divider is gone they're always right next to eachother preening when caged.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If I see any aggression I will put it back in, do you think I should be worrying about it more? Now that the divider is gone they're always right next to eachother preening when caged.
I am a worry wart. I also know that these guys have a small amount of blood in them.

I'll tag folks with a few zones that are more knowledgeable @melissasparrots @jmfleish

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
By the way, a grandson REALLY loves Scooby-Doo. I chuckle every time I see this name!

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am a worry wart. I also know that these guys have a small amount of blood in them.

I'll tag folks with a few zones that are more knowledgeable @melissasparrots @jmfleish
I would watch them but not worry about it too much. Especially if you know for sure they are male and female. Even a true pair can be aggressive with each other at times. They are a spicey species. Unless I had a very good vibe, I would tend not to put two females or two males together since I've seen plenty of aggression between birds of the same sex with intent to cause harm. One or both of them will likely become aggressive toward humans if they are allowed to pair bond. However, in a cage with just a divider, this is likely to be a problem anyway.