• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Rearranging Process..

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
If you read this thread http://forums.avianavenue.com/bird-boulevard/23388-coming-weeks-there-will-new.html

then you'll know we decided to switch 2 rooms of my house - We made our living room (technically family room) in to the birds room, and the birds room (technically living room) into the living room

I don't have pics of the living room yet - which is the only room 100% Done But a friend came in from out of state now they're in there yacking like women in a beauty shop LOL

the birds room is not 100% i still gotta find a few spots for some things, But we were up until almost 3 am Doing it - a darn storm rolled in around 9 pm and really screwed my plans up, What I wanted to do was remove all the birds from their room take all the shower boards out side and use the pressure washer on them well I got one done like that the rest I had to do while in the house

Then had to stop and cover my furniture and t.v with plastic that was sitting in my front yard because all the birds were still in their room when the storm came in

I really did not thing this Medium Job would take almost 10 hrs to get done it was just moving stuff from One room to another BUT all big living room stuff had to be taken out the side door and put in the front yard so it could be brought into the front door when the birds were all moved

But I also Vacuumed and used the Carpet Scrubber on both floors (my bedroom is next won't be so hard LOL)

First my bed- where all the odds and ends from the living room got tossed - I honestly don't know how I got all this CRAP!
but I ended up sleeping in with my daughter because I was too tired, sore, and just wanted to go to bed to bother cleaning off my bed and my 1st option would of just made a bigger mess for me to clean - I was just going to shove it all on the floor and go to bed LOL

then the living room pretty well emptied

Where'd the stuff go

FRONT YARD - when my b/f left to get the rug scrubber I had to have the kids sit out front to make sure no one ran off with my stuff - ppl around here see stuff in a front yard and ASSUME its free for the taking

T.v on the porch

then after I swept the floor I had to find things I could do while I waited on my b/f (he's so slow took him over a hr. to go do the little bit of running he had to do and get the scrubber)

So since the windows had not been washed since before I moved in (I am Peg Bundy I don't do windows) they looked kinda yucky

I sprayed Pet focus on them and used paper towels - no streaks at all, even got MOST of the mold off If i had proper things to clean with I probably could of gotten all the mold off but its pretty much all off now - just stained the rubber around the glass
Before

different angle

After

I did the big windows too but they're too far gone most of the gunk is between the pains (like my bedroom window) so it didn't do a lot of difference with them

before

After

now the birds are all in - by the time we got done it was after Midnight and I had a room full of ticked off birds, their feed and water time is between 7-8 pm bed time is 9 pm So you can just imagine how ticked they were

I'll get better pics later, I still have to move some stuff around the one corner where our stand is , is a bit cluttered, but we just wanted everything in there so we could go to bed

Oh ya and NO MORE BIRDS IN MY ROOM! except the ones I'm getting ready to pull tonight to start hand feeding So I got a Lot of space back in my room I don't have such a obstacle course to walk around any more :D :dancing:

and another view

but by the time I got to sleep like i said it was close to 3 a.m. My b/f couldn't sleep every time he tried he'd have muscle cramps , so i was rudely woke up around 5 A.m. by hammer - YES he decided to hang up my wall hangings at around 5 am!! and then wake me up to show me :mad:

but thats what I've got done so far, I still have no kitchen got lots of stuff stacked in it.

but the biggest part is DONE :dancing:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You have done so much work! Congratulations on it!

Matt

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Alot of work Kelli but it looks great.Did you make that playstand for them?Nice sunny room for them too.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks Guys

Marian - no we bought it, But added all the stuff to it, i'm waiting on Kaycee's stuff to finish drying to add more to it, I'm doing away with her tree, going to try to sell it once again .. Her's is just a branch with some dowel rods attached, and toys - nothing fancy, But its too big to use any where, it took up most of my bedroom it can only go in one direction other wise you run right into one of the dowels that stick out .. Done that many times in the middle of the night lol

MollyMouse

Wow Kelli you must be exhausted what a great job you've done. I love the updated pics thanks.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Oh exhausted isn't a word I'd use lol i haven't been able to properly move all day, Everything is killing me and im not done, I still have to take my bed apart, haul it to the hall, finish sweeping my floor then use the carpet scrubber on it, So I can get it back to my b/f's sister BUT its not like she's using it So she'll just have to wait LOL

i'm done for the next several days

I have more pics, i took of the birds room and the living room I'm just on the wrong P.C. to post them so i'll do that later

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, that looks awesome! You and your BF did a great job!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks

but I sure did forget how HEAVY a Critter nation cage is. We took the 1st one through With it still being a Double - that Was not working for many reasons - My arms were going numb, my back was Twitching and almost went out and we were spilling water all over the tile (which isn't safe when your carrying live animals!)

then we got smart and cut the zip ties off and took one section at a time. still were heavy but made it a bit easier

of course my idea would of worked so much better. Remove the birds put them in a small cage (it would only be for a minute or 2) take the darn cage out the front door around the yard and in the side door Put birds back in LOL

a little longer process, but In the end No birds flapping wildly, and no one would of gotten bit - Duke and Duchess got me a couple times lol

Status
Not open for further replies.