• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Real Difference between a Sun and a Jenday???

singermanlynne

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lynne Singerman
I need to hear from the experts - YOU ALL! I maybe be adding a little friend and I need the real deal on the difference between a Sun vs a Jenday. Please share your experience. I know they are both loud but is it constant or just at certain times?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Those birds are very closely related and as far as I know there is nothing specific that sets them apart besides coloration.

MeganC

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I own both, there is almost no difference behavioral wise between my two. As long as the birds are happy and get to be out of the cage there is no reason for them to scream constantly. Mine on scream at certain times, the most vocal when I get home from being gone. As for pitch, they are about the same with my Sun having a very slightly higher pitch to her scream. I would just get whichever one you prefer the coloring of because like I said, any other differences are very minor.

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
My 3 suns do not scream consistently. They scream when I come home, leave the room(or walk 10 feet away) and once every few hours when I am not home(looking for me). When I have guests over they get excited and alert. They may let out a scream here and there but they are just excited and trying to figure out what is going on. I will be completely ignored if I am on the couch and go inspect their new human friend by climbing all over them and preen their hair.