• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Puff thread

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Puff (in fact every bird there) has no name. In other words, I named them. Most of the time their names go by 鸟 which is bird in Chinese.
I could try but I don’t know about positive experiences because that seems to be the only one I have so far. Other than that the owner is quite busy the most he stayed close to the parrots is not more than minutes. And on another thought I don’t really want Puff to interact with him because Puff is still very much not comfortable in his presence.

And yes Puff is a leftie. Chains are there for I don’t know what reason to be honest but no the owner is firm to not remove it.

By the way tapes on feathers will hurt. It’s like putting duct tape on your skin. Already uncomfortable.Then you rip it off. Even worse.
On another note you have an Amazon and a Cockatoo? Do note that New and Old world birds (Cockatoos are old world and Amazons new) shouldn’t mix. Amazons are of the more lightly affected new worlds but still a concern.
YES-- I would think it WOULD HURT! [removing the tape]... Not sure if he left it on, allowing his macaw to chew it off...
My 30yr old Senegal lives next to our Umbrella... Our smallish house was the reason I sold/ found homes for my 50 bird flock... except for the chosen few pets! Sure miss my birdies!
BTW-- my niece is learning Chinese... wish I knew more of the symbols [ie writing]... THANKS for the bird one...

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dear Puff, today only I read the full story of your thread... At present, I am on a public vehicle and just shedding tears openly in public. I have seen many cruelty to birds or animals, every time it breaks my heart. At least this one has YOU... May God bless you.