• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Pionus Diaries: The Max & Yoshi Story

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
So.. Has anyone ever had to call their boss “i’m running a bit late because my bird wont come out of hiding” ?

well.. i did.. Max decided this morning to open up his cage and hide under it while i went into the shower
More padlocks!
Such a smart birb!

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
There’s a lot of kissing and preening going on. And my gut tells me Turo is a male, and Max is a female! He’s just slightly smaller in everything.. Turo is slowly warming up to me :) whenever i sit behind my computer, he comes closeby just to sit. No petting yet! But we have time :)

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
So, i amazed someone with Max..

Whenever i say “Max, get in your cage” he climbs down and into the cage. This has been for a week now very consistently! Im so proud :) Its these small things that make it all so much fun :)

And Turo.. well hes still a hands off bird, but he does like sitting close. It seems he decided i am someone interesting.. He also eats from the bowl i can hold. Not from my hands yet, but hey! Small steps :)

they are also molting badly :( the look like old ragged dols more so then the green emerald jewels they where a few weeks ago! Oh well.. we’ll see how they Get through it and be pretty again :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so glad that they are starting to warm up to you. I bet with new feathers they will be radiant.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Wonderful update! Glad to hear you're doing alright!

Jusgetinby

Meeting neighbors
Aww this is so cute, I love hearing budgies stories, no matter what they make your heart feel warm and all googly giggly inside. Cute birdie birds.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
So.. there’s a small change of plans!

i got them a nice cage, but it was an impractical one. Its very low to the ground, not easily movable, and they only use half of the cage :sheep:

So i am getting a new cage. This one is easily moved into the garden during nice weather.
I am also getting a table stand. It will be fun to have them both next to me while i work from home :heart:

Attachments

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
So.. there’s a small change of plans!

i got them a nice cage, but it was an impractical one. Its very low to the ground, not easily movable, and they only use half of the cage :sheep:

So i am getting a new cage. This one is easily moved into the garden during nice weather.
I am also getting a table stand. It will be fun to have them both next to me while i work from home :heart:
Awesome! You're a great parront!:D

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a great cage! I wish I could get something like that in the States. Lucky birdies!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Awww! How nice! :heart: Hope things are well for you and the birds!

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Its been a while..

my aunt recently died, and since she pretty much raised me, this had some impact on me. But Max and Turo are enjoying their new cage very much. Unfortunatly this new cage makes getting them out a bit harder, meaning Max doesnt come out as much as i would like to. They are becoming “couch potatoes” even though there’s a swing, branches to chew, and when i out their food e fourage thingy’s, they only do just that..

i would like them to become a bit more active.. but with recent events this has all been shoved to the back. Will pick this up next year :)

i wish everyone a happy new year!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Its been a while..

my aunt recently died, and since she pretty much raised me, this had some impact on me. But Max and Turo are enjoying their new cage very much. Unfortunatly this new cage makes getting them out a bit harder, meaning Max doesnt come out as much as i would like to. They are becoming “couch potatoes” even though there’s a swing, branches to chew, and when i out their food e fourage thingy’s, they only do just that..

i would like them to become a bit more active.. but with recent events this has all been shoved to the back. Will pick this up next year :)

i wish everyone a happy new year!
I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Happy New Year!:hug9: