• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Pionus Diaries: The Max & Yoshi Story

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Whoops! Been a while.. trying to get myself back together :)

some new pics!

With the fresh willow branches, the cage becomes a bit full :( but Max & Turo spend most of their time outside, so im not too busy with that yet. There’s also no play gym yet. For the simple reason that i need to redo the whole livingroom and kitchen, and im still looking for some good idea’s. Things have been slow as i have been busy with myself mostly. The loss of my dad is hitting me in the face real hard :( Everything else is secondary at the moment :(

Both men do everything together, except sleeping. When its time to go to bed they each go to their own end of the cage and tuck in. Except when i forget to close the cage, then they sleep on top next to eachother.. its a real bromance i think heheehe

Attachments

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I love the willow branches! That big branch across the middle is still holding up nicely.... for now... :roflmao:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
It is! I need to lower it a bit though, because they keep going to the highest part, but they cant sit well there.. The willow i grow in my back yard, so most of the year i have fresh branches :) i’m going to re do the garden, and build a nice outdoor aviary they can be in when im home :)

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
So, im not as active as before, but that will probably still be some time before i picked up the pieces of this horrible year.

max and Turo are doing fine. I am noticing that Turo becomes used to me beeing around. He still doesnt do the touchy stuff, but he doesnt withdraw or shudder when i aproach. I suppose he sees that Max isnt scared at all. It helps a lot :) Winter is coming.. which means cutting off branches and hanging them to dry for winter use :)

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
So.. Has anyone ever had to call their boss “i’m running a bit late because my bird wont come out of hiding” ?

well.. i did.. Max decided this morning to open up his cage and hide under it while i went into the shower
More padlocks!