• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Pionus Diaries: The Max & Yoshi Story

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't become a sad drunk. Nothing worse than drinking on your own, getting sad and ending up feeling rock-bottom miserable.

Dorcas George

Oh oh oh. I haven't been on the forum much and I was catching up and about to post something about your new birds...and then kept reading. SO VERY strange. I'm so sorry.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh Jan I am so very sorry. You have had a rough few months that you did not deserve that is for sure :( Please come here and chat more instead of drink and get drunk alone, it is not good for you and we want the best for you. We are all here for you :hug9:

:sadhug2: :sadhug2:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Well, i wouldnt get drunk alone ofcourse, there’s no fun in that :)

in any case, i will be allright! I wasn’t too much attached to the new birds yet, and Yoshi dying wasnt really a surprise either :( i’ll just focus on Max and Turo! Max is a real sweetiepie now :heart: look at us watching tv :)

Attachments

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry Jan I totally missed the latest news :sadhug: You still have two birds that need your love and attention as much as you need theirs. Who knows what happened. They might be a lot older than you know and it was just their time or hidden health issues took them. Nerd was a little skinny tank that was with me 31 years and he never acted old or really sick till the last weeks when something caught up with him and after a short battle he left me. In his case it was probably age and something opportunistic that got him but he was with me his whole life and happy and loved me so about as good as one could hope for.
Love your flock and take care of them and you and they'll hang in there as long as they can because they're happy and like their lot in life and don't want to miss anything.
:bluhug:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
That's another case of HEY, STOP IT... I hope the rest of the flock is well and happy. I think you were meant to have them so they would have a nice place to spend their final days happy and loved. It hurts so much when you loose a new family member so soon but you have a couple that will be happy and so will you.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
So.. its been silent on my end for a while :(

Ofcourse there was the issue of both female’s dying.. it turned out that the new female had an egg in her body that didnt come out :( and Yoshi simply didnt have anything left to give :( my help simply came too little too late :(

then ofcourse there was the dealing with my dad’s ashes, his birthday and mine.. soo all in all its been a rough couple of weeks :(

On the bright side.. Max meeting Turo went rather well! They are in seperate cages when im gone, but mostly they are roaming free together. The first few hours where a lot of strudding, some noises i cant even begin to describe, but where so much fun to hear :) And now there’s the ocasional head scritches! So there’s that ging well, finally :)

Attachments

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh I had missed a lot, Jan! You are having a rough year. I hope things will settle down for you.
Glad the 2 seem like they might become friends. :)

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Wonderful to hear from you! :hug9: Max and Turo sound like they'll be friends

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Its fun :)

i will make some pictures later on :) house cleaning is not yet on my list much :(
That's why we bought a room mapping robot vac eventually. I used to vacuum the house about once a week and do touch ups with the cordless stick vac but then we discovered cheap, decent, robot vacs and have had several since the first one to see if it worked OK. Of course it doesn't pick up all the stuff everywhere but the carpet is clean. I still touch up dobbys favorite spots and around his cage as he freaks out if the vacuum gets too close.
It is set to clean the house every night at 2am and does everything it can get to in about 22 minutes and goes home to charge. If it gets trapped it complains and tells me over the phone. If it runs dead it goes home to charge then starts again where it left off.