• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The picture Quilt to honor our birds that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge

shmog

Strolling the yard
Know the last response was a few months ago but I wanted to include my little girl PJ who passed away today at 5 years old. We love her and miss her dearly. She was my second ever bird. Heaven just got a little bit brighter! 45FE46DA-4EB7-4EBE-87CE-1533117DD30E.jpeg

dessa.meeh

Sitting on the front steps
This is Kiwi, my beautiful Mealy Amazon. I had her for over 15 years. She was 22 when she passed away too young. 11/30/99 - 4/15/22

I love you Kiwi, I miss you so so much. I can't wait until I see you again.

Attachments

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I found this site when my 30 + year old Bugsy was ill. I had her for 25 wonderful years. I decided to ease her pain on March 13, 2019. The vet said she had gout and I could keep her with me in a padded cage, she would never be able to perch or fly. Bugsy was a wild caught White Front Amazon. I loved her dearly. View attachment 301225
I am so touched that Bugsy is here. She was one of a kind, even after 3 years, I still cry for her and miss her. I appreciate everyone in this group for the support of her and my new pain, Paco, my CAG. Bird people are special and so are our birds, no one can relate.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
This is Kiwi, my beautiful Mealy Amazon. I had her for over 15 years. She was 22 when she passed away too young. 11/30/99 - 4/15/22

I love you Kiwi, I miss you so so much. I can't wait until I see you again.
I'm so sorry for your loss. They are amazing companions.

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
B5127D37-0C86-46F6-AA06-7555BFE36208.jpeg 532E5A3F-A349-4D1C-9FFB-06C36D3ABD17.jpeg
Gus, my first parrot and so beloved. September 2013 to 1 April 2022. Gone far too early.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Two years ago today. I'll always miss you MC.
20200324_182726.jpg

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
This thread made me so sad when I discovered it, there's an empty space at the bottom that I'll add when more birds pictures come :( . photostudio_1651181823697.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, look at all those precious birdies. I see my sweet Twilight in there. They were lucky because they were all so well loved.

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Jake (1 of my Quakers) passed away May 26 th, He was 21 years old. He was such a sweet Quaker, very loving and gentle, and very talkative to, I was his 4th home, I had Jake for 12 years, out of his 21 years., I miss him alot , Bailey his mate, lives with Daffy now, Jake was a papa to 2 babies, Sweetpea and Squirt, which I still have My flock was quiet for a week, before they started to talk again, They know that Jake is no longer with us

dessa.meeh

Sitting on the front steps
The second time I've posted on this thread this year. Please include Freedom, my beautiful green cheek conure, who passed away yesterday morning (2004 - 10/12/22). Freedom was my first bird. She was such a sassy girl and I love her so so much.

Freedom, you look for Kiwi over the rainbow bridge. I'm sure you've already found her and are pestering her just as much as you did on earth, as little sisters should. I love you baby, fly free. Mommy misses you.

Attachments

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I just wanted to stop by and think of my baby. I can't believe its been year already. I have made so many friends here and the advice and encouragement I have received for my new feathered baby Paco. You will forever be in my heart Bugsy.
I lost my baby Paco yesterday. I am so empty right now. How can I get through another loss of my feathered baby. The house is so quiet.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine

My Andre baby. Its been so hard. I have had difficulty spending time in the bird room since Andre passed.

Attachments

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

My Andre baby. Its been so hard. I have had difficulty spending time in the bird room since Andre passed.
I'm so sorry that it's been so hard for you since his passing. *hugs*