• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The picture Quilt to honor our birds that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I am sorry for your loss.
Thanks. She was scheduled for an endoscopy on Monday, but the vet didn't think she'd survive it so cancelled. She left a message after supper saying she wasn't doing well in a tone that left me anxious. She called back a little over an hour later to give me the news I already knew was coming. She lit up our corner of the universe, and she's left a huge hole in her wake. I almost can't bear to be here because it's so quiet without her babbling in the background. The other YNA from the WPR has been looking for her, and been extra vocal and needy. :(

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: Its heartbreaking.

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I found this site when my 30 + year old Bugsy was ill. I had her for 25 wonderful years. I decided to ease her pain on March 13, 2019. The vet said she had gout and I could keep her with me in a padded cage, she would never be able to perch or fly. Bugsy was a wild caught White Front Amazon. I loved her dearly. View attachment 301225
I just wanted to stop by and think of my baby. I can't believe its been year already. I have made so many friends here and the advice and encouragement I have received for my new feathered baby Paco. You will forever be in my heart Bugsy.

Attachments

BirdWorld

Winkie, who died at only a year old from scaly face mites.
841E6FFB-0BE0-4AA1-A43F-DDE19663DE61.jpeg

BirbDex

Strolling the yard
Tinker, Old pic i don't know the date. But it would make my day if someone would add him to a collection of pictures.
He was a very bubbly happy bird and i had an extremely close bond with him. It was a long time ago but I'll never forget him he was my first but the best.

39146145_1246189678856907_6118031547074347008_n.jpg

Muna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Muna
Today you left us kiwi I am so sorry I couldn’t find any answer with your unknown illness. You trusted me ,you gave me the warmest love that I will truly miss. My heart is aching that I will not see you again and for mango to grieve for your loss.
1620391043900.jpeg

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
What a sweet idea!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love this thread because it is a testament to the love and joy and wonder that these beautiful creatures bring to our lives. My sweet Kuiper passed on May 16 of this year. He was part of my world for only 4+ short months, but I still love and miss him!

Kuiper_cropped.jpg

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Our little girl just passed. Goodbye Bubbles, we love you.
20210210_161340_2 (2) (1).jpg