• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The picture Quilt to honor our birds that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@CeciliaZ Thank you.

I will write later what happened, I'm still in shock yet.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:sorrow: I feel so bad for you Laurie. I know how much she loved you and you loved her and I wish there was something I could've done to help.:crycry: :sadhug:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Laurie - I just saw this. I am so very, very sorry. You loved Sweet Pea so much.

Now she is flying high and free and know she will look in on you now and then.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am very very sorry for your loss of Sweet Pea. I know that you adored her and vice versa.
:sorrow:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to hear about Sweet Pea. You did everything you could to save her, and I know how much you adored her.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

Wings Forever High, Sweet Pea....I know that Goalie and all the rest of our tiels have met you by now...

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
A6472E1E-407A-4A57-BA25-65AC092BCD05.jpeg

Here is my beautiful and cheerful little blue boy & buddy, Cookie.

He passed at 11 years old last november, I got him as a rehome when he was 3 years old.

The 8 years we spent together were mainly my teenage years, he followed me through all of it and was such a great companion.

He loved spending time outside in his cage napping in the sun and wind, listening to the other birds, and snuggling his veggie clip (he preferred that to snuggling me, but thats alright because he was always happy to follow me around on my shoulder). Not to forget his talent at percussions (beak bang!) and singing (he could imitate the sound of water and other wonderful noises, as well as his name and "bisou" which means kiss).

Unfortunately he always had issues with his crop, he was very strong and got through a lot but the last infection was too much. I wish I had found this forum earlier and didn't get so caught up with life and school so I couldve taken even better care of him and provide him more enrichment, and hopefully spent more months or even years with him. Those last moment were hard, I could see you were feeling awful and we thought about putting you at peace but finally let you fight like you were known to do so well with medicine and lots of love from us.

I wish I could change the past but I can't, so I'll meet you up there with Coco and Yoyo. I hope you rest well under the earth and snow white like your feathers before the lake and forest you loved to watch so much. Please know that every moment I am loving Charlie I am loving you too, no one can ever replace you. I love and miss you my little blue boy <3 <3 <3

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How did I never know this thread existed?! What a wonderful, but sad thread of everybody’s sweet feathered friends.:heart:

Here is my sweet little man Twilight. I still miss that quirky little guy so much.:(
3B51C7C7-9E98-448A-99BD-2BEE1C013320.jpeg
I love you Twilight!:heart::heart::heart:

Attachments

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I lost my beautiful girl this afternoon. Wings high, my Sweet Pea, straight to Rocky and Tuffy. Hang out with my dad, I will be there some day. I love you my little Sweet Pea. 9/26/14 - 2/1/19
View attachment 295593
I am so heartbroken for for you.

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I found this site when my 30 + year old Bugsy was ill. I had her for 25 wonderful years. I decided to ease her pain on March 13, 2019. The vet said she had gout and I could keep her with me in a padded cage, she would never be able to perch or fly. Bugsy was a wild caught White Front Amazon. I loved her dearly. Bugsy Portrait.JPG