• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Phone Monster

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Valentine has been on me just about all day, the cellphone rang and she started screaming, walked back and forth, she had to get that monster coming to get mom. I was on a long distance call and the lady on the other end started laughing, that's how loud she was. After I hung up she has been quite as a mouse, little turd!! :giggle:

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
When I worked from home, my birds were surprisingly quiet... except when I bird sat my dad's yellow nape Amazon. She would start joining in on the conversation whenever I was on a call, calls were normally on speakerphone.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I have a phone monster hunter too! If I talk on the phone Blu stops everything he's doing and zooms over to my shoulder as fast as possible and starts talking jibberish, as if he's mocking me, throwingin an ok ok every once in a while.. He actually zooms over as soon as he hears it ring because he knows I'm going to talk on it.

And then he makes his move and bites the phone or my hand .It's very hard to concentrate on having a conversation if he's around.

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yes... what is it with the phone? It can be quiet until the phone rings but if I'm the one making the calls somebody will always start up.... and don't walk past Lola while you're on the phone... it's one of the few times she'll scream.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes... what is it with the phone? It can be quiet until the phone rings but if I'm the one making the calls somebody will always start up.... and don't walk past Lola while you're on the phone... it's one of the few times she'll scream.
They want to be part of the conversation... My budgies used to be very noisy anytime I had a friend over, or the TV on. Now they are used to it so they don't make that much noise anymore. :worthy:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:coffeescreen:Silly birds!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I usually go to another room if I have to make a phone call... :nana:
Which works great until someone calls you. I got the ever loving honking Zon from HE... //. I have to run out of the room w/ a phone before I answer. Occassionally going outside, if he's particularly loud.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
and really..... what do those people who don't know you think when they hear all that racket? Then... there's Riley.... who barks his little YOrkieButt off when he wants his afternoon food and doesn't quit until he gets it all while he's shoving his bowl around the kitchen. If I'm on the phone I have to ask them to give me a minute to give him some food so he'll shut up and then I can hear them...

RileysFace.JPG

rileyoneB.jpg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
and really..... what do those people who don't know you think when they hear all that racket? Then... there's Riley.... who barks his little YOrkieButt off when he wants his afternoon food and doesn't quit until he gets it all while he's shoving his bowl around the kitchen. If I'm on the phone I have to ask them to give me a minute to give him some food so he'll shut up and then I can hear them...

View attachment 314870

View attachment 314869
I have a yorkie in an Amazon body....... My aunt owned Secret and raised yorkies. She also raised dobermans. Why couldn't Secret have learned THAT bark?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I have a yorkie in an Amazon body....... My aunt owned Secret and raised yorkies. She also raised dobermans. Why couldn't Secret have learned THAT bark?
He barks like a Doberman!? could keep burglers away!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I got the ever loving honking Zon from HE... //. I have to run out of the room w/ a phone before I answer. Occassionally going outside, if he's particularly loud.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: