• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The one and only

Ladymoonah

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessica
How did you pay? Are you able to do a charge back?
Pay pal unfortunately not much I can do...counting what blessing I have and karma hopefully kicks his narrow but this new year...

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Where did you find this bird for sale?
Just like Mizzely I’m wondering how you paid and if there’s a way to have money returned by the bank or PayPal.
What courier did they say your bird was supposedly with?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Pay pal unfortunately not much I can do...counting what blessing I have and karma hopefully kicks his narrow but this new year...
I’ve bought through PayPal and not had goods show up when they should have. Put in a complaint to PayPal and they’ll help sort it out

Ladymoonah

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessica
Where did you find this bird for sale?
Just like Mizzely I’m wondering how you paid and if there’s a way to have money returned by the bank or PayPal.
What courier did they say your bird was supposedly with?
I'm just a bit of a sucker ... I have always trusted too easily... I should have picked up on some of it ....like 2 different payment information one for bird one for delivery.... things kept going wrong... suddenly his kid is sick so long time between contact....and the big one.... he was found on Facebook.... :sigh:

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I’ve also had to dispute charges on a PayPal transaction that never arrived. They do refund money in some cases. Tell them you’ve been the victim of fraudulent activity and go from there.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’ve been charged separately for items and a courier before (more than once) but that is because the stores I used don’t usually ship or do remote sales so they were happy to take direct bank deposit payment for their goods and arrange a courier for me that I had to pay separately. Actually happens with a few places where I am because sometimes a courier is cheaper than travelling an hour to the next town and home again for one purchase.

If you paid through PayPal (not friends and family payment) you should be able to reclaim your funds

Ladymoonah

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessica
I’ve been charged separately for items and a courier before (more than once) but that is because the stores I used don’t usually ship or do remote sales so they were happy to take direct bank deposit payment for their goods and arrange a courier for me that I had to pay separately. Actually happens with a few places where I am because sometimes a courier is cheaper than travelling an hour to the next town and home again for one purchase.

If you paid through PayPal (not friends and family payment) you should be able to reclaim your funds
Actually didn't know how to do this but have look into it unfortunately was Friends and family payment but have done the resolution regardless...here is hoping something good can be salvaged from this if not a very expensive lesson learnt....

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I've gotten money from Paypal----I called.
Sorry about this. Years ago, my family knew I was grieving for my budgie and paid for a baby Quaker. It was a few states away, and I called all the time. Eventually they hit me up for $89 to deliver the bird after weeks of delay. They threw Cricket in a small paper box and threw him in the mail! Then the post office lost him for 2 more days. So many members on Avian Avenue called the post office and prayed. Finally, a postal car parked in front of my house. I ran out madly, saw the small box with a "live animal' sticker pasted on and grabbed for it when the agent had it resting on the thin railing. "There's nothing alive in that box" Tears in my eyes I held the container to my chest, ran into the house with the postal worker hot on my heels for a signature. I tore open the box and out came a very vocal, very mad little Quaker. The lady, never got her siggie because she sped out the door and left wheels squealing. And that was how Cricket came home. RIP baby.

Ladymoonah

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessica
I've gotten money from Paypal----I called.
Sorry about this. Years ago, my family knew I was grieving for my budgie and paid for a baby Quaker. It was a few states away, and I called all the time. Eventually they hit me up for $89 to deliver the bird after weeks of delay. They threw Cricket in a small paper box and threw him in the mail! Then the post office lost him for 2 more days. So many members on Avian Avenue called the post office and prayed. Finally, a postal car parked in front of my house. I ran out madly, saw the small box with a "live animal' sticker pasted on and grabbed for it when the agent had it resting on the thin railing. "There's nothing alive in that box" Tears in my eyes I held the container to my chest, ran into the house with the postal worker hot on my heels for a signature. I tore open the box and out came a very vocal, very mad little Quaker. The lady, never got her siggie because she sped out the door and left wheels squealing. And that was how Cricket came home. RIP baby.
:sorrow::shocking:

Maribullah

Moving in
Start your Paypal complaint ASAP. Had a friend scammed but because they kept stalling and she believed their story, the time limit was exceeded and she lost out. Good luck and sorry you didn't get him.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Start your Paypal complaint ASAP. Had a friend scammed but because they kept stalling and she believed their story, the time limit was exceeded and she lost out. Good luck and sorry you didn't get him.
I do not think that there will be any luck as they used the family and friends payment option which has different terms and conditions of use.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Congratulations! I'm so happy things finally worked out!

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
How's the bird your brother got you? Glad you're getting your Quaker. Truly sorry about Cricket.