• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The molt is on

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
The molt is on or at least I think it is. Ms. Petoskey, Pet< is loosing her head feathers. A feather will stick up like she has a single feather crest...it is so cute. :geek: It then falls out. Her head feathers are thinning as are the feathers around her neck. I haven't seen any yellow skin color change as I did last year. She is in the mating time period and just cute. Have you seen the video on you tube of a penquin being petted by it's care givers? That bird trills and makes the cutest noises. Well, Pet makes some of those same noises. Pet also wants my baby fingers to feed her. She squats down and is all cute. AFter the cute behavior she stands up and stretches out her neck which then slithers back and forth similar to a snake. Her eyes are wide open. This is the first time I have ever seen a bird do this type behavior and Pet really has a long neck. Poor thing tries to snuggle under covers.
Will let you know more as the changes happen. Just love this little girl! :heart:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Ok, was with pet some AND she is starting to show faint signs of yellow around her eyes. Same place as last year.