• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Little Prince

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Peep wasn’t himself so I ventured out for the first time in 3 weeks to the vet. Happily they are still seeing patients. You leave the carrier by the door and phone from the car. A tech comes out in gown, mask, and gloves to collect the bird. Then you talk to the vet by phone. And pay by card, again over the phone. Sure enough he has a bacterial infection so is on antibiotics. I mentioned that he doesn’t like to be touched so she gave me an anti inflammatory in case he is in pain. He’s only been on it since Saturday but I can tell a difference. He slept 15 hours Saturday night! And he he is more responsive and active. Today he was actually nuzzling me and bumping my lips with his beak. Of course he screams like I am killing him when I give him his meds. And for a flightless bird, he sure is hard to catch. He has already figured out to stay away from my hands. Maybe he’ll figure out that that syringe is making him feel better. I will have to venture out again in 2 weeks for a follow up but I NEED my baby. He is going to be SO spoiled when I go back to work. He already wants me to hold his food and water dishes. Of course I oblige him. After all, he IS a special bird.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Nice to see the medicine is working. Hopefully he has a quick recovery :)
And yes, he is a special bird! :swoon:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm glad he's starting to feel better already. Good on you for getting him to the vet and God bless them for still seeing patients! :hug8:

Of course he screams like I am killing him when I give him his meds. And for a flightless bird, he sure is hard to catch.
:coffeescreen: Birds aren't boring, that's for sure. Nice of him to make sure you still get your exercise while isolating. :laugh-bounce:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Today's dose is going to be challenging. He is EXTREMELY suspicious of my hand today. Took forever to hop on my arm to get from his sleeping perch tO my bed (where we are hanging out). Hunger finally won but he is clearly staying away from my person. He is still eating so I don't know if he will be brave enough to climb up to his usual perch on my shoulder. To be continued....

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Good news. He is just avoiding my hands. He ran around behind me and climbed about from my back. It remains to be seen what happens matter I break out the syringe....

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I got lucky when Puffin had to take meds. She licked them right from the spoon. :) I'd measure with the syringe & squeeze it onto a teaspoon like our vet suggested. I know not all meds taste good, but it might be worth a try to see if he'll lick a little dot of it?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am glad he's already feeling better!

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
My Buddy, my heart bird, was a hand fed baby and never lost her love of her "bottle". I could stick the syringe through the bars of her cage and she would run over and take whatever (except one I heard was really bitter) and even try to stick her tongue into the syringe to get every drop. She's been got over 10 uearsmand I still miss her.