• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The International Dove and Pigeon Species Law Resources Library Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdsal_99

Meeting neighbors
International Dove and Pigeon Species Law Resources Library Project - DOVEBOOK

All:

We are currently conducting long-term research for The Dove and Pigeon Social Network. As a result, our on-going and continuing research efforts have turned into what we've termed "The International Dove and Pigeon Species Law Resources Library Project", a centralized location right on the DOVEBOOK website at the link above, that aims to house all dove- and pigeon-related law and legislation from around the world.

As part of this current endeavor, we are looking for sources, both on the world wide web and in print, about laws which prohibit the purchase, selling, trading, adoption, requests for, or otherwise general acquisition of certain dove and certain pigeon species. Preferred are any sources that point to the actual text of the legislation as well as those that name, by species, the types of doves and pigeons prohibited from being kept; and/or any English translations of legislations for dove and pigeon bird species outside of the United States, or in your part of the world. So far we've managed to collect a few good sites, and have been conducting research at the local library; the results of which are included in the Library Project linked above.

We all know that depending on the part of the world one is from, and most importantly the part of the world the bird is from and where it is going to be bought, sold, traded, adopted, or acquired, the law is different and therefore can either classify that bird as legal or illegal to keep.

This Library Project is an opportunity to clear up these questions and provide the dove and pigeon enthusiast with information on their favored species or breed of bird. Mind everyone, not every law resource relating to Columbidae will be included in this Library Project as they are primarily web-based; but we do plan to include a list within this Library Project of non-web or print resources that the enthusiast can consult when conducting research for themselves.

If you can contribute to our efforts and provide such information, I invite you to respond in this topic thread or comment on any of the existing blog entries making up our blog category at the link above.

We stress that we also need the input of those dove and pigeon folks in places not located within the United States, as there are countries which regulate the captive keeping of certain Columbidae species. If you are able to help out and point us to sources on laws specific to dove and pigeon birds in your part of the world, we'd appreciate it. To us, it's very important that we receive the input of both individuals and organizations from around the world with direct access to these types of primary sources.

This Library Project also aims to house ALL OTHER dove- and pigeon-related law and legislation from around the world; whether it is in web-based form, or print-based form and listed in our non-web/in-print resource list. Therefore, we also welcome and encourage you to respond or comment if you can provide information on, or point us directly to, these sources in your part of the world; which do not have to be only about what we are currently researching.

Thank you for your assistance and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Sal

Lead Curator and Head Researcher
The International Dove and Pigeon Species Law Resources Library Project

Chicobo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
Sal --

This is fantastic! I will keep my eye out for particular law, I don't know of any in Pennsylvania (where I live) that keeps citizens of this state from owning most doves/pigeons, but I can't be positive. I'm a law student, and I want to work in animal law, so I'm glad to see that there are people out there researching what the law concerning these beautiful birds is :)

I have a diamond dove, myself.

Keep us posted about what you find? I'm very curious to learn more.

cdsal_99

Meeting neighbors
Hello Erin,

Thank you for your interest and efforts in meaning to contribute to this Project; both are deeply appreciated.

Your diamond dove, Lovey Dovey, is beautiful! I loved the pictures you provided when you introduced your birds here on the Forum about one month ago:

http://forums.avianavenue.com/welcome-lane/60288-new-here.html

If you'd like some diamond dove resources, please check out DOVEBOOK and/or contact me. I'll be more than happy to hear from you. (This also goes for anyone else reading this who is interested, for any species of dove and/or pigeon.)

We at DOVEBOOK keep the public in-the-know on what we find for this Library Project through our Website Updates report, which is published quarterly in our e-newsletter "The Columbidae's Cooer". Speaking of, the latest issue was released today which you can read by following:

http://forums.avianavenue.com/poult...er-dovebook-websites-official-newsletter.html

Any new entries to the Project will be reported as a website update. Minor corrections, which we expect to have happen and will apply as our research is on-going, will probably not get reported; however, they will be viewable when accessing the Project directly through the link provided in this thread. This is why we encourage you to keep checking back.

If there is anything specific that you'd like to see or have any further questions, please let me know.

Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.