• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Guardian newspaper wants to know about the worst home damage your pet has caused

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
OK wait, where can I find that story? @Shezbug did Burt flood your house?!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Will be great to see!
Mine have currently taken to destroying my old couch .....after many years of no furniture destroyed.. ugh
Trying all kinds of new textures toys to discourage

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
OK wait, where can I find that story? @Shezbug did Burt flood your house?!
Can find a pic of it on the Avenue somewhere (not sure where though) or you can scan through my insta feed and find it lol

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have seen a video doing the rounds of a scouser arriving home to find his dog had eaten the letterbox and half the front door :lol:
Aside from that, I think that most parrots would take the cake for damage

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've told this story many times. When I was a young adult I had a green wing macaw living with me in an apartment. My air conditioner stopped worked so I called for service. The guy came and slid Cracker Jack's cage against the wall to get to his work area. Then, big mistake. He went to lunch. When he returned CJ had stripped the wall clean as far as he could reach. I was evicted.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I should submit my late rabbit for destroying two large rugs. My budgies are good. :)

Just looked - I don’t have photos!

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I've seen someones B&G macaw manage to get out the cage, and proceed to chew through the wall for a solid 2-3 hours. Not sure where I saw it, it was a few years back, if I find it i'll post here :roflmao:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have seen a video doing the rounds of a scouser arriving home to find his dog had eaten the letterbox and half the front door :lol:
I laughed just reading that one of the funniest videos ever :lol: :lol: :lol:

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
must have been the bills coming in for all the toys the dog had ordered when mom & dad were at work! Must hide the evidence!! :rofl:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have told this before but when we first got Elvis he would just chill on top of his cage. (Hard to believe, right?) So, one morning, he was on his cage, I went into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee and came back to find about 2 ft of my 100 plus year-old pocket door stripped. I wasn't even gone 5 minutes. So, now I have to break the news to the fiancé who is away on a business trip. I call him and tell him and he just kept repeating- two feet, two feet, two feet.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have told this before but when we first got Elvis he would just chill on top of his cage. (Hard to believe, right?) So, one morning, he was on his cage, I went into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee and came back to find about 2 ft of my 100 plus year-old pocket door stripped. I wasn't even gone 5 minutes. So, now I have to break the news to the fiancé who is away on a business trip. I call him and tell him and he just kept repeating- two feet, two feet, two feet.
This one is epic!!

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We got home from work one day to find Jasmine (U2) had taken the cage door tumbler lock a part & got out. She had chewed several inches of the wood trim across the top of my sofa, chewed holes in the sofa cushions, chewed a big 10 inch round hole in my drapes, climbed up on a wall shelf & knocked ceramic decos off & smashed them, climbed up the wall & damaged other decos, chewed holes in the sofa afghan & chewed thru the TV cable in 5 places. She was sitting in her cage as innocent as could be. Since then we've use a pad lock on her cage.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We got home from work one day to find Jasmine (U2) had taken the cage door tumbler lock a part & got out. She had chewed several inches of the wood trim across the top of my sofa, chewed holes in the sofa cushions, chewed a big 10 inch round hole in my drapes, climbed up on a wall shelf & knocked ceramic decos off & smashed them, climbed up the wall & damaged other decos, chewed holes in the sofa afghan & chewed thru the TV cable in 5 places. She was sitting in her cage as innocent as could be. Since then we've use a pad lock on her cage.
:nocomment:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Please please send these stories in - it would make the "oh yeah my dog chewed a cushion" stories pale in comparison!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Nothing compared to most of these stories, but my two teeny tiny lovebirds one chewed a 20 cm large hole in the wall in the span of a day! There had been a picture on the wall and I removed the screw so there was a tiny hole to get them started:roflmao: