• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The greatest end to the year! Red-Tailed Hawk experience <3

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We have loads of red tailed hawks here too, I love them - I can never get a pic though because I swear I only see them while I’m on a highway :arghh: I’m so jealous!
Oh trust me story of my life. So many times I've seen them in trees or powerlines driving by but it's impossible to stop. The "pain" is real.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks again so much everyone for all your kind comments. I'm super thrilled that so many of yall loved the pics. I was so happy to share them with yall. :heart:

Fritzy

Moving in
WOW!!! Those are some great shots! I enjoyed them and your story immensely. Some things just make you say, “whatever did we do to deserve birds?”

To be honest, I could say that about most animals, though... We have to cherish the moments they decide to spend with us, especially considering the way humans have treated them and their environment, for as long as we began to consider ourselves different from them somehow…

There is just something so awe-inspiring about the wisdom in their eyes too! It feels totally raw and ancient. It takes a special person to recognize that, and you’re definitely one of them <3:

if you have more pics, I’m sure we’d all LOVE to see them!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
WOW!!! Those are some great shots! I enjoyed them and your story immensely. Some things just make you say, “whatever did we do to deserve birds?”

To be honest, I could say that about most animals, though... We have to cherish the moments they decide to spend with us, especially considering the way humans have treated them and their environment, for as long as we began to consider ourselves different from them somehow…

There is just something so awe-inspiring about the wisdom in their eyes too! It feels totally raw and ancient. It takes a special person to recognize that, and you’re definitely one of them <3:

if you have more pics, I’m sure we’d all LOVE to see them!
Thank you so much for your incredibly kind reply. I really appreciate it :heart:

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
Those are amazing shots and what a gorgeous bird. I love the fluffy shot where he/she is all fluffed up! Birds of prey are near and dear to my heart as well. Hopefully you will see your new friend again.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those are amazing shots and what a gorgeous bird. I love the fluffy shot where he/she is all fluffed up! Birds of prey are near and dear to my heart as well. Hopefully you will see your new friend again.
I haven't been lucky yet unfortunately but I check the trees hopefully every time we pass by

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Wonderful Pics :strhng:

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Red tailed hawks are just about my favorite native hawks.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award