• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The good, the bad, and the ugly about Indian Ringnecks.

katiechef7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie
Scooby (9 mo. DNA female) is very independent and does not allow scritching. She does show affection by running her top beak over my skin on my neck and does call for me when I’m out of the room. She does what she wants and goes where she wants. She is not afraid to try new foods or toys but will posture to bite when she doesn’t want to be picked up or is cranky. She does NOT see well in lower light, and is fearful if being put to bedtime with less light, whereas my conures will tell my they are ready when I lower the lights. Overall I would say that some IRNs can be VERY willful and independent and sometimes aloof, but are smart and once they trust you will choose how they show affection. They will always let you know if they don’t care for something!

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
I must be weird as I love everything about my boy. lol

I've had him 3 years in August, he was approximately 10 when I got him and neglected.

He isn't a tame bird, thinks my hands are demons but I love all his quirks.

The way he screams at intruders I can't even see... the way sometimes he doesn't want to go to bed yet so he refuses to come out the budgie cage as he knows I struggle to get to him in there... :laughin: The way he gives me the hairy eyeball because he wants something...usually a nutriberry/pelletberry/avicake...he goes to his foraging toys and makes sure I notice it is empty... :laughin:

When I first got him a cage he screamed to make sure I knew he didn't like it and wanted a new one!

He answers me back as well and tells me off. If I went out and didn't come back on time he either gives me a good telling off or turns his back on me and gives me silent treatment!

He also goes on curtain pole if he notices I've disappeared to fetch his medication!! Such a cheeky boy. lol

Can't think of one bad or ugly thing about him. :loveit:

View attachment 339254
I love your post and your boy is adorable