• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly about Amazons

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The attributes listed in this thread are the experiences of each individual and your experiences may differ with your individual bird.

I'm really not the right person to start this, but here we go :D

The Good: Olivia(LCA) is quiet, sweet, smells wonderful and could be handled by a child. Does not bite ever. She is also a good non picky eater.:heart:

The Bad: Really does not play with toys much, and is very picky about what she will play with.

The Ugly: I got nothing :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Ok, I shared my limited experience as a Grey owner so I guess I will share my limited experience as an Amazon owner.

Pete came to live with me in November of 2011. He is a wild caught male Yellow Crown at least 30 years old. He lived in a tiny cage with no toys in his previous home and ate a poor diet and as a result has fatty liver disease.

He is still afraid to try some fresh foods that I would like him to such as some veggies. He did convert to pellets quite easily along with some other fresh foods. He will try others sometimes if I eat them in front of him and make a lot of yummy sounds and say things like, "ummm, this is soooo good!" Others I've gotten him to try by first rubbing them on my face like I was in love with them :) I've gotten him to accept some toys by rubbing them on my face, too.

He does now play with toys and chew wood, but he's still afraid of rope in any way, shape or form. He has gone from being a complete perch potato to swinging upside down from toy to toy like Tarzan. He's still less active though than any other bird I have or have had. Also he is afraid of the play gyms and believes the couch is a perfectly fine play gym for him.

Some days he is extremely cuddly and wants to spend a lot of time with me being petted and held. Other days he wants to run and climb all over the couch, wrestle with my hands and play fetch (he throws and I fetch :D ). He is the only bird I've had who wants to wrestle and learn tricks. For the most part I let him invent the tricks and then I just act pleased and praise him and give the tricks names. So I can say things like "Big wings!" and he will fully extend his wings. Or I can say, "Batman!" and he will hang upside down and flutter. He's also learned to hold a spoon, and to unroll some toilet paper and wipe his beak. He's definitely a ham.

He is luckily usually well behaved even when he's very excited or wound up. He has only bitten me hard once and it was my own fault for getting impatient with him for not wanting to take medication. And afterwards while I was in the bathroom washing off the blood and bandaging it, I heard a very sorry sounding, "I love you." I looked up and he was on the floor at the doorway of the bathroom apologizing to me for it :) So after 2 hours of refusing to come out of his cage, I believe he felt bad for biting me for trying to grab him out with a towel. He came out on his own and climbed down to find me.

When he is upset about something he's quite obvious as amazons tend to be. He shakes his head, flares his tail and angrily says, "What?! What?!" So I know just to let him be until he's in a better mood. Amazons definitely have moods that last longer than other species. My conure is also very moody but she changes moods in a few minutes. Pete's can go on for hours, and once he was mad at me for 3 days after a vet visit where we had to drive home in extreme winds. I'm pretty sure it was the wind that was upsetting him as he was ok at the vet's until it started howling between the buildings. Then driving home it sounded like a tornado going around my truck and we actually saw 2 trucks on the highway get blown over sideways. After that he threw pellets at me for 3 days and kept saying, "I good boy!" I believe he was telling me he didn't do anything to deserve that trip :)

He doesn't scream a lot, but he is definitely the loudest bird here when he does. Mostly it happens when I'm preparing dinner and he's excited about the food. He first screams and then begins barking like a dog. And now that we have a dog here, whenever she barks he barks back. And that makes the dog bark again and they keep going back and forth barking at each other and that can go on for half an hour or more :D But, mostly he talks, in a soft high pitched voice, or makes cute little cooing sounds and "Whoo!"s and some that sound like "A bah bah bah! A bear bear!" He does make some really cute, sweet little sounds for such a big bird.

He is the neatest bird I have in his cage. He also tries not to poop outside his cage, which is very nice but I do have to make sure I take him back every once in awhile so he can.

He is not territorial about his cage or things. He's also the friendliest to other birds and tries to woo every female bird he meets. None have been other amazons yet, but Pete isn't very picky :D He also likes to meet animals he's never seen before like sugar gliders or lizards or whatever shows up at the exotic vet's.

He has a very funny and strange sense of humor. He giggles and openly laughs in this maniacal, loony way and yells out, "I LOVE it!" He enjoys watching TV shows where people are being attacked by serial killers and movies like King Kong.

He loves to watch farm equipment and ATVs through the window. I think he would like a ride on an ATV and am going to ask one of the neighbors if I can borrow one for half an hour or so and take him :) He reminds me very much of a young human boy with the things he enjoys.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
oh my! when i first got Ollie i was just so lost. i spent most of my time :huh: and "is this normal???" :hehe:

my Ollie is a YNA. He was wild caught and is roughly 31 years old. We dont know for sure. he was with his first owner for most of his life, then came to me from 1500 miles away! When he came to me he was angry. He was just a HOSTILE parrot. It took me a good year to gain his acceptance. He's been with me now for 2 1/2 years. He's a different parrot now. He's open, happy, and playful.

Telling if a zon is angry or hostile is really not hard. their eyes flash big and small. their feathers poof out. their tails flare. their wings stand out a bit, looking alot like angel wings. if you any one of these signs and stay away! if you see them all?? :backout: when ollie would attack he would leap on my arm (or whatever) wrap himself round my forearm and hold on for the ride as he repeatedly bit and gouged with nails. :eek: I began referring to my darling parrot as my 'green pittbull'... with affection. :heart: he just didnt let go!

He also has a great sense of humor... if not a bit twisted. :lol: His idea of a good time is scaring the tar outta the cat. he will lunge, leap into the air, flap his wings sending a burst of air, feathers, and paper at the cat as he lets out a loud moan! then as the cat takes off in terror he walks away with this maniacal laugh! :rofl: he will do similar moves toward any human who shows fear of him. now if you dont show fear? he may do a little wing flap at ya, but doesnt get the pleasure of your fear so there's no laughing...usually.

My ollie rarely plays in front of me, but when he does its much like watching a green feathery kitten. grabbing toys, rolling on his back, chewing and kicking at the toy. I understand most zon's play this way, tho more often than my somewhat emotionally damaged lil guy.

like most zons, my ollie LOVES FOOD. When i'm making breakfast i worry that the lil guy will give himself a heart attack with his excitement! He (uniquely) never screams, but he sure hollers. A deep human-like holler. He will try anything i will try. he calls all human food 'cracker' so if i take a taste and offer it to him, he looks at it and asks me "craaaaackerrrrrrr???" his way of saying "are you sure this is eatable???" He has a particular love for meat and junk foods, anything rich and artery clogging will get him running!

Ollie loves water. he came to me afraid of water, but over time grew to love his baths. He gets silly and enthusiastic as i'm spraying him. One might think he doesnt like it from the way he covers his head with his wings and flaps... but be assured, he LOVES his baths.

He makes some of the weirdest barnyard type noises! somedays i wonder if there's a donkey in that cage of his! :lol: He brays, moans, whines, and makes the most indescribable noises you could ever imagine! I think Ollie is unique in that he NEVER screams. not parrot scream. He came to me afraid to make noise. It took a good year for him to start making loud noise. a year of seeing that it was okay here to be a parrot. Now that's not to say he's not loud. he is. you can hear him yelling "MOMMMAAAAAAAAA!!!!" from the street!

That's all i can think of for now, but hopefully it'll help someone looking at a zon :confused:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The good? They're independent.

Like RoxyNoodle, our two showed up in November of 2011. We work - and the parrots are okay with that and don't seem traumatized. They seem to be rather independent little fellows that are okay with humans living in their house (as long as you're there though, food and water and treats are certainly appreciated).

The bad? They're independent. I'm clueless when it comes to birds but it seems like if you want a "cuddle bug" of a parrot, a wild caught Amazon is not really the way to get a cuddle bug . . . . but I'm new at this, they've made remarkable strides in just over a year so who knows? We may change our mind in 5 years or so.

The ugly? Did I mention independent? Like Ollie up above - Secret and I once had a "round" (the parrot won).

Back to the good . . . . (I refuse to end with ugly when it comes to my buddies). With an Amazon there are tell-tale signs of an upset parrot - the eye pinning thing (really freaked my adult children out to see that for the first time), the raised feathers - the spread out fan of a tail . . . . . all these things are marvelous clues for the new parrot owner to note. HOWEVER, as a warning for all first-timers that are reading this, those pinning eyes can happen ONE INSTANT before a bad spell - I experienced that during a hormonal spring last year - not Secret's fault that I lost hunks of skin - totally mine and I accept that, love the problem child/parrot despite that and the hissing that accompanies a lot of our interactions.

Amazons are AWESOME. (AA - get it?)

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My experience with my amazons has been mostly good. However, they are an aggressive species, and you need to be an amazon person to deal with them well.

The good: they are affectionate on their own terms, independent, work well for busy people that are willing to commit to a pet but don't have hours to devote to snuggling them, don't produce as much feather dust as cockatoos or greys, easily entertained, good eaters.

The bad: Even in play and they are testing you. If they learn they can make you jump by causing you pain, it will become a game. If you want something that will sit with you for several minutes at a time and allow you to pet it at will, then many amazons will not be up for that and will bite. Many people mistake willingness to sit and be petted for a bird that if affectionate. That is a human mistake based on the way humans interact. Birds don't see getting petted against their will as showing affection. Some species like cockatoos will sit and take it and then lash out unpredictably and violently without warning. Amazons will usually tell you right from the start if they want to be petted or not. IMO many amazons have been ruined by pushy, overly affectionate people. A lot of them(especially when new to a home and still developing trust) do well with multiple very short interactions rather than a couple long interactions. Some of them have very short attention spans and even sitting with you for 5 minutes becomes boring and they want off to go do other things. They are a great bird to stop by their cage several times a day for a quick scratch and to chat them up. Not so great to sit down and watch a movie with the bird on your shoulder the whole time. If you push affection toward an amazon that doesn't want it, they will learn to bite you in order to get your to back off. If you respond to the bite with either aggression or dominance (you will step up because I'm the human and you’re the bird and I said so) then the bird will either learn to bite you harder or it will learn not to trust you. Neither is good for developing a happy pettable pet relationship. You have to be strong enough in your own character to take a cranky bird and still find ways to interact positively. There does seem to be a fine line between avoiding the bite and not backing down. If they learn they can get you to back down, they will just keep upping the aggression. However, good amazon owners rarely get themselves into confrontation situations because they learn body language and just leave the bird alone or keep to verbal interaction when the body language says back off.

Back to the good: for the right person, they can be absolutely one of the most well adapted to captivity species. They don't often feather pick or self mutilate or scream for attention if you get busy and ignore them. If you start with respect and learn to send out positive energy even when the bird is sending you negative, you will end up with a bird that is affectionate far more often than it is aggressive.

The ugly: if you don't feed it enough fresh food, they stink and get dull, greasy and drab looking. You can't skimp on diet with this species. If you only have your own bird to look at and you've been feeding it seed only for the last 30 years, you'll think he looks okay. That is until you see one that really has been properly fed and by comparison the seed or pellet only eater will look sad. There is no way around it, you gotta do the fresh food. Buying petstore purchased treats to satisfy an urge to express affection by spending money still doesn’t get them a good diet. You have to do the chopping and slicing yourself and you have to learn to make your bird eat it. Sharing butter and salt laden table food with the family isn’t the way to go. You have to go to the grocery store and buy fresh food for the bird and prepare it specifically for the bird. Most Americans eat such crummy diets that sharing meals with your bird isn’t much better than just giving it seed only.
A properly cared for amazon should be a world class lifetime companion and they need to be treated that way. Respect and good diet come first. If you have good physical and emotional health, you will often have a mostly affectionate bird. Despite their reputation for aggression and living with 5 adult yellow napes, I only get a bleeding bite about once or twice a year. Rarely is it a bad bite and typically its because I was doing something like clipping nails or cleaning the cage of a territorial adult male and ignored my own good advice to move him to a play gym before cleaning. 90% of bites can be prevented by learning to avoid the situation that has previously led to getting bit.

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I honestly cannot say anything bad about the two species I have. They are all around very good birds to live with. As mentioned above, they are very independent but having two of different realms there is a cuddle bug and there is one with a turbo somewhere on his body.

Living with a species as such, they are not cage birds, to just look at they are birds that need activity to do their thing, room to move around and play. They need toys that allow them to chew and destroy and toys that keep them busy.

I cannot say anything bad about owning them. As mentioned above, they most certainly are cost producers when it comes to foods both fresh and commercial. They are by far not a cheap bird to own between food costs and toys and toy parts but then again most larger birds will fall into this category.

As for attitudes and they way they are, they are Amazons.

:heart::heart: x2

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Mexican Red Headed Amazon; Green Cheek Amazon; Red Crowned Amazon

The Good :angel2:

Merlin is very easy going about things, he's not a nervous bird. Very good natured, is basically happy to hang out w/me whatever I'm doing. I keep him up later at night, we always have because of our work. So he sleeps later in the morning & takes a good nap in the afternoon. He's very well socialized w/my DH, I'm his person, but Toms always been able to handle him too. He's happy w/alot of foot toys & soft undyed wood to chew.

We've never encouraged him to talk, but he has picked up around 40 words/phrases. He does understand alot of what he says & is able to create new phrases. Bad bird & Here Dawg became 'Bad Dog' :ittalks!:

He communicates w/his beak. :rolleyes:

The Bad :burp1:

Amazons always remember the 'bad' diet choices & would eat only seeds & human food if allowed. This is where I made my mistake, before I was educated about the proper diet for Merlin. He's absolutely the most stubborn animal I've ever dealt with, a good diet from day 1 is essential. He's actually went w/o eating all day waiting for my DH to come home for his 'seed fix'.

Although he's basically a quiet bird, his screams can make your brain pulse. :tmsmakesme:He does most of his screaming early morning & right before dusk. I'm sure our neighbors know he's here. He can be very destructive, pine wood work can be destroyed in just a few unsupervised minutes.

Very important to socialize them well w/new things early on, he's a bit phobic about moving things in his cage. He also takes awhile to get accustomed to new things, toys a couple of days, but the new boing I bought him took months. I take the blame for this, I should have been introducing new things all along

We do get frequent bites, usually just a warning, but sometimes bloody gashes. Ignore the obvious warning signs of a displeased amazon at your own peril. :scared4:

The Ugly :devil:

We've had our 1st few hormonal seasons & although its not been as bad as some I read about, we do have to be more careful during hormonal times. My DH cannot allow him near his face at all. He also doesnt touch me in front of him. :o: Flight attacks happen also, you really have to experience this to know where I'm coming from. He puts every gram of his weight into his attack & uses claws & beak. Although he's a smaller 'zon, he has alot of strength in that beak. He also has the intelligence to know just how to bite you for the maximum pain.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, I am fostering 2 Blue Fronts right now. Prior to that I had a yellow nape and a red lored.

The Good:
I think amazons are one of the most entertaining of all he parrots. Many have excellent talking abilities. THey are silly and are full of personality. All 4 of the ones in my care loved and love interacting with us. They are active foragers, chewers and fliers.

The Bad:
They like to be in charge! They let you know when they don't want to listen, or be touched. However, I feel that They are extremely easy to read physically when they are not happy. They can be very destructive. Especially if you are sick and forget to put the away! ;) They can be loud. They express verbally when they want attention. Learning your bird is extremely important.

The Ugly:
Amazons can bite Hard!!! They also can play favorites with their humans. They must be supervised at all times, especially around other birds. Hormones play a factor in aggressive behavior. I find females to be a bit easier to handle.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I didn't know you were fostering blue fronts. Tell me about them. I am very interested in this species.

Well, I am fostering 2 Blue Fronts right now. Prior to that I had a yellow nape and a red lored.

The Good:
I think amazons are one of the most entertaining of all he parrots. Many have excellent talking abilities. THey are silly and are full of personality. All 4 of the ones in my care loved and love interacting with us. They are active foragers, chewers and fliers.

The Bad:
They like to be in charge! They let you know when they don't want to listen, or be touched. However, I feel that They are extremely easy to read physically when they are not happy. They can be very destructive. Especially if you are sick and forget to put the away! ;) They can be loud. They express verbally when they want attention. Learning your bird is extremely important.

The Ugly:
Amazons can bite Hard!!! They also can play favorites with their humans. They must be supervised at all times, especially around other birds. Hormones play a factor in aggressive behavior. I find females to be a bit easier to handle.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I have a Mealy, which is known as the gentle giant of Amzons.

My boy is such a clown, kind of on the clumsy side (a little stout too), loves to play with toys, wood is his favorite. He's a little buzzsaw!

Talking isn't his best talent, but he does love doing sounds. He'll sing too....but it's to a different drummer than I'm hearing! :rofl:

Solomon has always been a ladies man, by which I mean he loves young blond girls. Both of my daughters fit that description and he is infatuated with them both.

He's LOUD. When he sees either daughter (they have moved out) he lets out his call to them, and it can peel paint off of a wall!

Solomon doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Now that doesn't mean he not a Zon! :eek: He's Zon all the way through. He loves to display, eyes pinning, feathers all puffy, tail spread wide. But it's all show with him. Only time I ever got a bite was when I moved to fast around him. He doesn't like to be startled.

For years he and I were freindly enemies. My girls were his loves, I was his feeder/cleaner. He loved to charge and lunge at me, but it was just show.
Lately he's gotten even calmer, and now I've been included into his little flock of ladies. :heart: My girls will always be first with him, but he's got a big heart, and I'm now firmly in it.

Solomon is also what I'd call an easy bird. He'll happily play on his cage or a stand, chatting to himself, tearing up toys and generally entertaining himself. He seldom tries to explore, and is even good with my little Goffin, who oftentimes shares space and time out with him.

He's one in a million. What's not to love?

jenwren59

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
The good: they don't get upset easily by normal things (like a new toy); they don't pluck their feathers (usually do not do this); they are GORGEOUS to look at (given a proper diet); they are silly and playful; often times they are great talkers/singers

The bad: they can be loud (REAL loud) when they are irritated - that can be every night when dinner is late :)eek:); they can be overly possessive to the point of serious aggression

The ugly: did I mention possessive/aggressive? In my home this crosses from bad to downright ugly. My drop dead gorgeous BFA is a bird that may never do well with other pets and my husband. This is a big reason why here are a lot of amazons in the rescue circuit.

redlored

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kim
The Good: My zon is so cuddly and sweet!
the Bad: She can get very excited and bite. She's also very territorial of me. When my hubby comes around or anyone else for that matter...she will bite me. Not too hard, but hard enough for me to back away from them. So, yes she's jealous.
The ugly: Nothing! I love my zon like she's my child! I have no children so that's what she is. :) I would do anything for her :heart:

Sapphire Moon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I adopted an older Blue Front who was pretty set in her ways. Within a few days of my bring her home she flew at me and attacked my arm in several places. Then as if I didn't learn the first time she repeated this a couple of days later. She hates me.
When I come home my U2 calls out "hello mama". My BFA calls out "hello"! As I walk into the room and she sees it is me she says "bubye". So I suppose that is the "ugly". The good is that she is beautiful and she makes me laugh. The ugly must be that she trys to fool me into dropping my guard and each time I do I pay for it.

Now I just put down a deposit on a Double Yello Head baby who hatched in June. Looks like a little Teradactyl. So ugly that it is cute. I can't wait to get her/her home. I have also given the breeder money to do a DNA to sex him so I can give him a name. So, the good would be that I am going to have this beautiful baby from about 1 month old until we grow old together. The bad is that he/she will most likely out live me. The ugly is all the warnings that he can get hormonal in a couple of years and I will have to toughen my skin for this stage. I can't wait.:bfa::dyh:

Mealyamazon1

Moving in
Real Name
Scott
Ok, I shared my limited experience as a Grey owner so I guess I will share my limited experience as an Amazon owner.

Pete came to live with me in November of 2011. He is a wild caught male Yellow Crown at least 30 years old. He lived in a tiny cage with no toys in his previous home and ate a poor diet and as a result has fatty liver disease.

He is still afraid to try some fresh foods that I would like him to such as some veggies. He did convert to pellets quite easily along with some other fresh foods. He will try others sometimes if I eat them in front of him and make a lot of yummy sounds and say things like, "ummm, this is soooo good!" Others I've gotten him to try by first rubbing them on my face like I was in love with them :) I've gotten him to accept some toys by rubbing them on my face, too.

He does now play with toys and chew wood, but he's still afraid of rope in any way, shape or form. He has gone from being a complete perch potato to swinging upside down from toy to toy like Tarzan. He's still less active though than any other bird I have or have had. Also he is afraid of the play gyms and believes the couch is a perfectly fine play gym for him.

Some days he is extremely cuddly and wants to spend a lot of time with me being petted and held. Other days he wants to run and climb all over the couch, wrestle with my hands and play fetch (he throws and I fetch :D ). He is the only bird I've had who wants to wrestle and learn tricks. For the most part I let him invent the tricks and then I just act pleased and praise him and give the tricks names. So I can say things like "Big wings!" and he will fully extend his wings. Or I can say, "Batman!" and he will hang upside down and flutter. He's also learned to hold a spoon, and to unroll some toilet paper and wipe his beak. He's definitely a ham.

He is luckily usually well behaved even when he's very excited or wound up. He has only bitten me hard once and it was my own fault for getting impatient with him for not wanting to take medication. And afterwards while I was in the bathroom washing off the blood and bandaging it, I heard a very sorry sounding, "I love you." I looked up and he was on the floor at the doorway of the bathroom apologizing to me for it :) So after 2 hours of refusing to come out of his cage, I believe he felt bad for biting me for trying to grab him out with a towel. He came out on his own and climbed down to find me.

When he is upset about something he's quite obvious as amazons tend to be. He shakes his head, flares his tail and angrily says, "What?! What?!" So I know just to let him be until he's in a better mood. Amazons definitely have moods that last longer than other species. My conure is also very moody but she changes moods in a few minutes. Pete's can go on for hours, and once he was mad at me for 3 days after a vet visit where we had to drive home in extreme winds. I'm pretty sure it was the wind that was upsetting him as he was ok at the vet's until it started howling between the buildings. Then driving home it sounded like a tornado going around my truck and we actually saw 2 trucks on the highway get blown over sideways. After that he threw pellets at me for 3 days and kept saying, "I good boy!" I believe he was telling me he didn't do anything to deserve that trip :)

He doesn't scream a lot, but he is definitely the loudest bird here when he does. Mostly it happens when I'm preparing dinner and he's excited about the food. He first screams and then begins barking like a dog. And now that we have a dog here, whenever she barks he barks back. And that makes the dog bark again and they keep going back and forth barking at each other and that can go on for half an hour or more :D But, mostly he talks, in a soft high pitched voice, or makes cute little cooing sounds and "Whoo!"s and some that sound like "A bah bah bah! A bear bear!" He does make some really cute, sweet little sounds for such a big bird.

He is the neatest bird I have in his cage. He also tries not to poop outside his cage, which is very nice but I do have to make sure I take him back every once in awhile so he can.

He is not territorial about his cage or things. He's also the friendliest to other birds and tries to woo every female bird he meets. None have been other amazons yet, but Pete isn't very picky :D He also likes to meet animals he's never seen before like sugar gliders or lizards or whatever shows up at the exotic vet's.

He has a very funny and strange sense of humor. He giggles and openly laughs in this maniacal, loony way and yells out, "I LOVE it!" He enjoys watching TV shows where people are being attacked by serial killers and movies like King Kong.

He loves to watch farm equipment and ATVs through the window. I think he would like a ride on an ATV and am going to ask one of the neighbors if I can borrow one for half an hour or so and take him :) He reminds me very much of a young human boy with the things he enjoys.
I have questiofor u...u caught your amazon I

Mealyamazon1

Moving in
Real Name
Scott
Do u caught your pete amazon in your backyard..or how. That nice that pete trustu .I am also a parrot lover .I never go school or learn about parrot. Jusy insctint on how to train and teach them to talk...I got baraband parrot.if u known that species..parrot can live long time..I in usa..u..

Mealyamazon1

Moving in
Real Name
Scott
True..onceyourbirdcome to your hand.he or she willl trust u as a owner..so there fore u can train your bird easily..that how I trach my bird .my parrot get along with my finch..they never bite each other...that so cute ofcourse I kept them seperate but in playtime..they very behaviorrrr. :heart:

Mealyamazon1

Moving in
Real Name
Scott
Oh thanks Matt..I am inu sa..I neversold my parrot. I love every parrot..I known I got good heart fpr them...but about the peteamazon..where is pete got caught from what country..I wish I in australia..that whete tons parrot living there..love to own one mealy amazon.they so smart charming bird..I also have mynath bird too :heart: :angelic: :heart: :heart: