• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The good and good and poopie

Dial01234

Checking out the neighborhood
I have had my Linnie for a little more than two years, I hand fed her when she was a baby. My Linnie is bright yellow and a little larger than a parakeet. She remains uncategorized and her feathers untrimmed so she has free reign. The little piggie eats so much that she needs to fly around to burn off calories. She steps up on my finger no problem but there are times when she will bite my finger because inherintly they don't like fingers. For some wonderful reason my little bird absolutely loves being kissed on top of her head....she just loves it. So whenevershe gets bitey I can kiss her on her head and immediately she stops all biting and forgets why she was mad in the first place....go figure. The absolute cutest thing is when she takes a shower. I'll wear a t shirt in the shower (on very low) and she will hang upside down wings spread imitating everything I do.....so cute. My bird puts herself to sleep in a little box that has a towel over 95 percent leaving a little corner open for her to crawl into. She is so cuddly, every morning she wakes up and Flys onto my chest to wake me up ...runs and kisses me on the lips and then proceeds to scoot backwards under my ear pressed against my neck.. she will remain there for a little while until she demands me to wake up. She loves her neck and ears rubbed with my nose.....no fingers because she'll bite.
The poopie: well every on knows about that.

TDF2

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I love it, thanks for sharing, Linnie’s are great little birds!!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I loved reading your post!