• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The GCC I never got to introduce

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
I was waiting for the right time to introduce Mango, my GCC but now that's not going to happen. I'm really torn up.

I had a baby GCC that was being hand fed at until weaned at a local store. I named him/ her Mango. Mango was around 2 months old, he died today. I visited Mango almost everyday since I put a down payment on him in early November. Over that time I bonded with that bird and yesterday when I saw Mango I am 90% sure I heard him say his name. It's killing me to write this but I need to get it out.

I got a phone call today and the store told me Mango had been in a fight with his cage-mates and he did not make it. Those words will not leave my head. "he did not make it." Somehow I knew before the girl even told me, that my bird was dead. I don't believe that's how my bird died, it doesn't make sense. It's eating me up that whatever happened, I was not there to stop it. I know that if Mango was under my direct care he would be alive. Maybe I am lashing out because I am so hurt. I got so attached to this little bird in such a short period of time.

I'm so emotional right now, I'm just so angry and so sad.

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I'm so sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so sorry, that’s heartbreaking.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:

Poor Mango. It's so Very sad. Must have been some flight. What kind of birds was he caged with?

Its normal to grieve even though you never got to take him home.
You bonded with the bird visiting him everyday.

Accidents happen, birds get sick etc before we take them home but it does not make it any easier to lose them.

Allow yourself to mourn & try to get a better explanation if it makes you feel better.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no! Oh...I’m just so sorry! Poor little Mango! Fly high, little one!! :sadhug:

jzarc17

Real Name
Jackie

Poor Mango. It's so Very sad. Must have been some flight. What kind of birds was he caged with?

Its normal to grieve even though you never got to take him home.
You bonded with the bird visiting him everyday.

Accidents happen, birds get sick etc before we take them home but it does not make it any easier to lose them.

Allow yourself to mourn & try to get a better explanation if it makes you feel better.
He was caged with other GCC his age. The thought of him suffering in any way just shatters me. I questioned them a second time and they did not say much more. I just hope whever happend that Mango passed a quickly and painlessly as possible.

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
I'm sorry for your loss...:sadhug2:
It must be so heartbreaking...
Just know whatever happened he is flying free and happy...
With no trouble...

Kile

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kile
I was waiting for the right time to introduce Mango, my GCC but now that's not going to happen. I'm really torn up.

I had a baby GCC that was being hand fed at until weaned at a local store. I named him/ her Mango. Mango was around 2 months old, he died today. I visited Mango almost everyday since I put a down payment on him in early November. Over that time I bonded with that bird and yesterday when I saw Mango I am 90% sure I heard him say his name. It's killing me to write this but I need to get it out.

I got a phone call today and the store told me Mango had been in a fight with his cage-mates and he did not make it. Those words will not leave my head. "he did not make it." Somehow I knew before the girl even told me, that my bird was dead. I don't believe that's how my bird died, it doesn't make sense. It's eating me up that whatever happened, I was not there to stop it. I know that if Mango was under my direct care he would be alive. Maybe I am lashing out because I am so hurt. I got so attached to this little bird in such a short period of time.

I'm so emotional right now, I'm just so angry and so sad.
I’m terribly sorry for your loss and I 100% understand your heartbreak. It is terrible to lose a creature we grow so attached to. Sending my prayers and blessings your way ❤

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of poor Mango.:( It’s amazing how quickly we become attached to our little feathered friends, isn’t it? At least he knew your love in the short time he was here. It’s heartbreaking that his life was so short.
:sadhug2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awww I'm so sorry for your loss of little Mango. That is extremely sad :sadhug:

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I am so sorry. Pm me if you want to talk.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Were you allowed to take pictures of your sweet baby from which you can make a print or two to keep in your room? I’m waiting to take a new sweet bird home and can only imagine how devastated I would be if something happened before I got the chance :(

jzarc17

Real Name
Jackie
I'm very sorry this happened. :( Do you think it would help you grieve if you were to ask the store for his body for burial?
thank you for your words of comfort , I did think about this and I was tempted to ask the store for him in part because I’m not convinced he died in a fight. Im not sure they would give me his body, i would not describe them as the most empathetic people. They made it out like they would just get me another bird, like Mango was an object to be replaced. When I’m ready to try again to get a bird, my instincts tell me I should go somewhere else.

To be fair, maybe they are telling me the truth or as someone else said, mistakes happen. If he was in a fight, I’m scared to see his body, scared how it would make me feel.

so many emotions and feeling right now, it’s hard to think clear.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so sorry. :( I’d be suspicious too and would be asking a lot of questions. I could see injured, but dead would be a bit odd unless they were completely unsupervised and one of the others just went after him. With that and the way they’re treating you (and refusing to give information), I’d refuse to get anybirdy or anything else from them.

jzarc17

Real Name
Jackie
Were you allowed to take pictures of your sweet baby from which you can make a print or two to keep in your room? I’m waiting to take a new sweet bird home and can only imagine how devastated I would be if something happened before I got the chance :(
Yeah, I have LOTS of pictures and videos of him. I’ll add one below. I’m glad I have them all to look back on. I have wonderful videos of him flying to me when I would go to the other side of the room and call to him. He flew beautifully! He was obsessed with wanting to land on my head and he would fly above my head and hover while I tried to duck and play with him. He would just hover over me until he found a spot to land on my head.

C23FA29A-E713-4D3C-B9AF-0E72C9D3722E.jpeg 52C2DD24-BCE1-4185-AF03-2384E00DD758.jpeg