• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The fruity macaw smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Ohhh what a beautiful baby!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Hi Mercedez, Is that more of a Scarlet thing. Harley my B&G didn't have much of a scent to him. My Camelot baby sure does. It is kind of a musky/fruity smell. Not sure if it's a boy or girl yet but my baby has most of it's feathers now. I am still sad when I think about your loss.. :( That would be heart-breaking. Take care.. I will give my baby a sniff and think of you...lol
Roxanne, your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I think its a girl;) but dont tell Bunni that:hehe:. LOL Your baby is GORGEOUS and s/he will have an amazing personality! I already see a feisty baby in her, and yet she'll have a gentle soul and be so sweet:heart::hehe: Its nice to see you again! Please keep us updated on her or him!! Do you know when the DNA tests will be in or what your naming him/her?

I think Rudy had a fruity smell.. Maybe its because of a "feisty birds" personality? Or maybe its a female thing?:hehe::hehe:

Oh and YES please do give your baby a great big SNIFF for me :D

Last edited:

rox65

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Roxanne
We just took blood yesterday. You know Bunni, it might take a couple of weeks to get the results back. She gets busy... She hasn't said anything about things. I think she got over it...lol. Things happen. I am glad you told me about this forum. I like it better than the others. So many Macaw lovers here. :) I will post better pics later. I need a name ..... I still can't think of one that I really like for a boy. I was thinking of Cammie for a girl. I kinda wanted something tropical and fruity.. hehe with these colors it should be tropical and colorful..

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I can always tell the last thing Ziggy, my B&G, ate - the scent of his food comes off him quite clearly until it's replacedby the next thing he eats.

Zelle

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Zelle
The smell comes from the oil gland near the base of their tail. They collect the oil on their beak and spread it on their feathers. It smells like heaven to me.:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.