• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Finch Farm

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha

Jiffy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Elliana
I looked at some reviews but it had dogs and cats etc in the picture so I wasn't sure if I got the correct review website.

I'm already on Avalon aviary, and African Queen Aviarie's waiting list so I'm not too worried about finding other stores. I'm going to be having a Red-Belly soon. I was just searching about more bird breeders. It's hard to find a good one that takes care of their birds, which is why I'm not worried since I already found 2 good ones.

My mom is looking to get a Congo Grey and a Scarlet Macaw soon in the future. I'm hoping to be getting a couple more English Budgies in a year or so, after I get the Red-Belly. I've found that it's a little hard to find a good parakeet breeders. Even at my nearest bird shop (1 hr away) they get their budgies shipped in, and I just want to be able to purchase them straight from a reliable breeder. If you know of any reputable budgie or small bird breeder, please feel free to let me know. :smug:

Btw, thanks for putting the link so I have the right review site :smuggrin:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@Lady Jane might be able to help with an English budgie breeder. What area of the country are you in?

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Yeah........I was just going to say, check out Yelp, not very good reviews.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I can give you the breeder information for my English Budgies if you like. He is in the state of New Jersey and ships his babies safely. He has beautiful, hand raised and fed babies.

BELFORD BIRDS - Home

Jiffy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Elliana
Thank you @Lady Jane , I live in Ohio but I don't mind paying a bit extra for shipping either. I went to the website and found out they're 51 hrs away.

Serin

Sprinting down the street
I bought a variety of exotic finches from the Finchfarm in 2015. Several arrived sick and died and I was sent birds of the wrong sex. I was, however, refunded completely for the sick birds. I would not use them again.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
The Finch Farm changed hand but I can’t remember exactly when. Pretty sure it’s in the past 3 years.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Only thing I did not like is his policy to cut flight feathers of the babies.
It is a 2.5 to 3 hour drive for me one way. He is close to New York city.

Last edited:

carwife

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary Ann Donaghy
I was considering a African ringneck that I found on the Finch Farm site. But they somehow make me uneasy. Not sure I want to deal with a big company as opposed to a small breeder.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
My mom is looking to get a Congo Grey and a Scarlet Macaw soon in the future.
I know nothing about the site or company but, I would caution your mother that macaw lungs are very sensitive and having both an African Grey (old world) who creates a lot of dust and a macaw (new world) isn't a healthy idea for the macaw. I found this out after I adopted my Scarlet and despite being in love with cockatiels, I wouldn't risk the dander hurting my boy. People here have actually had birds pass away from this.
Best of luck to you and your mom.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
just a question @BeanieofJustice ,what would happen if a CAG were to be with a YNA for a long time,what would happen to the YNA?I was just at Puffy's and Puffy the YCA was with a CAG and another YNA that had his bacck feathers rather broken.
They looked dusty and looked like a hacking and rough job was done on the wing feathers.They were tattered,dusty and torn.I want to know if that could also be the long term effect of having a CAG around.Also Molly the M2(which would be a dusty birb) is around a green-wing macaw and a couple others.The macaws looked fine and they have been together for quite long.What exactly are the effects of a old world with a new world and how do you know if the bird is being affected (like by looks)

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
@umbrella
I have work shortly but I’ll answer you to the best of my ability.
As far as I know, macaws are the only species to have been shown to have such severe consequences. And there are very little, if any, warning signs.
@Hankmacaw is far more knowledgeable

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
let me just point this out,I don't own those birds,I visit them and try to make their lives better than just chained on a perch.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
let me just point this out,I don't own those birds,I visit them and try to make their lives better than just chained on a perch.
I hope I didn't come off accusing you of anything - I'm certainly not! And I don't think ML was either. You asked and I wanted to make sure you got the best answer possible, it's a fair question to ask. I certainly had no idea when I started in parrotkeeping about it. That's probably why I try to tell people about it any chance I get. It's important and something I don't feel gets enough attention.
I'm glad that you're visiting birds, I recall you've been through a lot, and I hope they're helping you.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Yes,I didn't know that old and new worlds can't live together either.I did have a U2,M2 and G2 before with my amazon,lory and budgies.Maybe if the accident didn't happen they might die from dust as well.I'll be more devastated than now if that had happened since I could have sort of prevented that.But anyways it's over but I'll watch out in the future if I ever got chosen by a bird and able to bring him home.(since the YCA and M2 there kinda chose me but well *shrugs* they are owned by a not so good owner.)