• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Essenes of our feathery friends

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
I’m starting a thread. I’m not sure if this is how you start one of these kinds of threads. But I had an idea that I thought would be fun. Whoever would like to reply, I want you to tell a story, post a picture, say or show anything that you think describes the essence of your little friends personality
I’ll go first…
AB554880-65A9-4E7A-882D-E09CAEA93177.jpeg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So cute, and such pretty feathers! everybody’s Birdies are so precious! :swoon:

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Anybody ever read the book entitled 'Darling the Starling' [I think it was]...
Written by a lady [I think only one she wrote, tho it was so delightful, I looked for more]...

She had mainly a pet Starling, but a side-kick Timneh [or was it the other way around? :sneaky: ].. The Timneh would behave like ours did... bell ringer [wickedly!] when displeased. Was SO funny knowing they would perform in similar ways! If Freddie was mad AT ME... she'd go ring the bell violently... all the time giving me the 'evil eye'... Seems like I've been in training with so many birds! :rofl:

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
“Watch me mom stop doing stuff and look at me only how pretty I’m…” she is an attention hogger lol always wants to be with me xD and if I’m doing anything she bites my hands so that I stop and look at her!

Attachments

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
“Watch me mom stop doing stuff and look at me only how pretty I’m…” she is an attention hogger lol always wants to be with me xD and if I’m doing anything she bites my hands so that I stop and look at her!
Bailey is adorable! She sounds like someone I know lol

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
If I have our Cockatoo with me while I'm on the computer [reading this site!], she goes over to gently ATTACK my fingers on keyboard, or my hand on the mouse! She would rather I'd be petting her! Sometimes I put a bird video on so she can watch too! But if I play a video when she's in her cage in the other room, and the birds make noises... she complains.

Right now, she's upstairs snuggling w/ my hubby, who got up 'way too early' and had to go back to bed. They BOTH enjoy that snuggle time!

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
20210814_180057.jpg

The sequel to my avatar pic :roflmao: Merlin screaming dramatically at Percy. Percy is unperturbed. Merlin is a tiny, sensitive boy perturbed by many things.

Yesterday he was trying to get a rise out of Percy by grabbing his wing feathers while he preened, and Percy didn't even move. Meanwhile Merlin will loudly cry if Percy even looks like he might jump on the swing with him.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Oh my!!! You need to crop this to a landscape setting and SUBMIT IT to the photo contest! It's a WINNER! :awww: