• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS The Early Bird Gets the Worm! (Spring 2021 Red Light Specials Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I had not seen that yet, thanks for linking! :xflove::heart: Rupert’s little foot dance:faint:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
He's such a ham. :lol: That's like his all time favorite toy from Nutz (Yankin' Your Chain is a close second). He's gotten faster at destroying them, so I really have to smash those plugs in good.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I smiled when the baby video started & then laughed hysterically when I saw the stop & dance move. Sarah is very wise using that sales promo. I can't wait to finish my order & get it in tonight!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
ALWAYS GIVE ME VIDEOS! If you get a good picture or video of your cute bird and my toys always send it to me!
If it's a video, send it to me. A photo, put a review on the store. Great pictures and reviews mean so much to us. I almost always credit accounts that are good toy reviewers!

MeganC

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
That video of Rupert is so adorable. This is Tiki’s favorite nutz toy.
8C2FEEA1-559B-43C1-B136-30BE4E0F64D9.jpeg

MeganC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Oh, I think I have that toy on "out of stock". If someone really wants it I can make it but the coconut husk is a little smaller.
I would like something similar in the subscription box I am going to start tonight when I find time to finish shopping. It doesn’t matter if it is coconut husk or something else though. They don’t really chew the coconut anyway. What she likes is the wood and the space between the pieces.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I would like something similar in the subscription box I am going to start tonight when I find time to finish shopping. It doesn’t matter if it is coconut husk or something else though. They don’t really chew the coconut anyway. What she likes is the wood and the space between the pieces.
She seemed to like that wood over the wood in the rest of the toys? ;) That toy is basswood, cut against the grain.
If you do a toy box I will make you a new toy I've been meaning to try BUT... you will have to tell me how she likes it. :D

MeganC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
She seemed to like that wood over the wood in the rest of the toys? ;) That toy is basswood, cut against the grain.
If you do a toy box I will make you a new toy I've been meaning to try BUT... you will have to tell me how she likes it. :D
They will work on other spaced 1/4 inch chippy wood toys in the cage slowly over time, but Tiki especially hits that one pretty hard as soon as I put it in. Funny, cause these birds will destroy pretty much anything in their out of cage play area. I don’t mind providing feedback. I really need to try to post on here more often anyway.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
They will work on other spaced 1/4 inch chippy wood toys in the cage slowly over time, but Tiki especially hits that one pretty hard as soon as I put it in. Funny, cause these birds will destroy pretty much anything in their out of cage play area. I don’t mind providing feedback. I really need to try to post on here more often anyway.
Bamboozled is 1/2" wood. It's one of the very few basswood toys on the store.

MeganC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Bamboozled is 1/2" wood. It's one of the very few basswood toys on the store.
Yeah, I know it’s half inch. She just happens to seem to like that more then the quarter inch pine for whatever reason.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yeah, I know it’s half inch. She just happens to seem to like that more then the quarter inch pine for whatever reason.
It's a tougher wood. Most people think basswood is softer but it's really not. It snaps in tiny pieces. The "chewz me" toy is 1/4" basswood and the new wacky wafer toy is 3/16" basswood. :)

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
ALWAYS GIVE ME VIDEOS! If you get a good picture or video of your cute bird and my toys always send it to me!
If it's a video, send it to me. A photo, put a review on the store. Great pictures and reviews mean so much to us. I almost always credit accounts that are good toy reviewers!
I wish I could get you a vid of Queenie hopping and cooing and squeaking for that pink and purple toy that we just ordered! She’s so excited for that darn thing. I will try to video an unboxing! I can only imagine when she sees it in person vs on a screen.

I have a feeling that she’s going to special order those colors if you do it again next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.