• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

the eagle is hatching!

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
Took a look today and mom is sitting on the nest looking very alert and checking things out around her. I could hear dad calling in the background so maybe he's hunting. It looks like a sunny and calm day there.

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
One of the chicks decided to exert some independence and crawled out from under mom tonight. Mom's got her head between her wings snoozing away. The chick is still right beside her and I guess he changed his mind and is trying to get back under - keeps nudging at mom and trying to get under her.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Breakfish time! The chicks are getting so big at one week :)

20200228_073543.jpg

20200228_073624.jpg

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I agree with @Hawk12237 wonderful to start the day with those pictures! So cute and mom and dad are doing a great job.
Those parents are doing a fantastic job with those chicks. I would pay dearly to get a copy of that picture of momma feeding the chicks and frame it.
That picture is priceless. I would love to print that picture up, but I don't want to violate copyrights.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I don't want to violate copyrights.
It is a still from a public camera... I would think it would be ok... but I don´t know for sure.
Maybe contact the MODs over on the AEF? :)

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
Took a look at the webcam and mom and chicks are being well fed with fish - good job dad. They are both out from under mom but still close by her. They are really growing!

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I lost my feed to it. No matter what I do I can’t get the camera to pop up for me to click on since the second baby hatched. So I am ‘seeing’ him through all of you!! :)

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I lost my feed to it. No matter what I do I can’t get the camera to pop up for me to click on since the second baby hatched. So I am ‘seeing’ him through all of you!! :)
you can also view on youtube, look for NE florida eagle cam. both live, and isolated bits of interesting stuff

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@Hjarta5 those pics made me laugh
those chicks are SO zonked out! I think she fed them into a stupor!
They are growing so fast!

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Thank you mommybird! Got them again!! Missed the little fluff balls! :heart: Well I guess not quite so little now!:D

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
As the younger sister, I really feel for N23. The older sibling is up and about so early already and inadvertently jostling the younger one awake when s/he just wants to sleep in ! :p:laugh:

20200302_074628.jpg

20200302_074736.jpg

20200302_075220.jpg

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
I was just watching mom feeding the chicks. She's such a good mom! She kept feeding them until they stopped eating. it looks like she's "teaching" them to tear up the fish meat. Most of the time she'd offer small bits but then she's offer a larger piece and hold it while they tore off some. Occasionally the older chick would reach over and grab a piece that was meant for the younger one :joyful:. After the chicks ate, mom had her fill. Dad is being such a good provider. Seems like the chicks are growing by the hour now. Love watching the eagle family.