• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The ducklings Trio

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
So sweet! :swoon: I bet you´re having a wonderful time playing with these ducks and splashing around with them :cloud9:
It is bliss. Cept I might be flooding the bathroom accidently most days! hahahah! Why do people put drains in the floor but then fail to provide a fall... silly!

Tomorrow I am going to see how they do outside for bathtime midday. It has been a bit chilly lately so we will see.

They are definitely used to our routine. They also know where the bath is and they run down the hall to it. However today, Lio, may have pooped in the kitchen and then stepped in it and then ran around in panic.. :o: Luckily my partner was home to help clean up that mess. She somehow splattered it on the walls.

I think Lio is a female, but dont know for sure yet. She is just so much smaller so I think so. I have been thinking about making duck diapers, but I am on the fence. They do have feather growth starting so could be outside permanently soon. This weekend we are going to start allowing the chickens to see them through a barrier. TRex is very loving and last time I had chicken chicks she accepted that they were my offspring and didn't bother them during outside foraging. When those chicks were old enough to join the coup she slept in the same next box with them that same night. She is a sweetie. I doubt the chickens and ducks will be friends in that sense, but they will hopefully live happily alongside each other. I mean my chickens welcome the wild bush turkeys into their pen during the day and talk to them as the turkeys eat their food :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
, Lio, may have pooped in the kitchen and then stepped in it and then ran around in panic.. :o: Luckily my partner was home to help clean up that mess. She somehow splattered it on the walls.
:lol:

Aww that would be nice if T-rex got on well with them and made friends :)

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I feel a little bad about today. They have really fallen in love with Trex. They wanted to be by her side so badly that Trex felt overwhelmed and jumped to a high roost. That was adorable.

I feel bad because the babies didn't want to come in tonight and I had to herd them. I feel like I damaged their trust. :( They just wanted to stay with my head chicken.

Granted they do seem happy under the heat lamp.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They are getting so big so fast! They really are beautiful. Hopefully the herding of non compliant little duckies will all be forgiven or forgotten by breakfast time :)

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
A bit of a mix. Sometimes they try adult sounds but mostly baby noises.
I've never had the pleasure of hearing ducklings... But the chicks we had were making these cutely funny noises. Especially Alexander the Great... He was the first to try and crow.. I couldn't stop laughing. He grew up to be a big baby and hid behind the hens when in danger:facepalm:. He was magnificent tho.
He always made me laugh.

Would love to hear the ducklings.. Must be funny. :heart:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I've never had the pleasure of hearing ducklings... But the chicks we had were making these cutely funny noises. Especially Alexander the Great... He was the first to try and crow.. I couldn't stop laughing. He grew up to be a big baby and hid behind the hens when in danger:facepalm:. He was magnificent tho.
He always made me laugh.

Would love to hear the ducklings.. Must be funny. :heart:

I love chickens! When they find their voice it is so beautiful. When I first heard Petra crow I just felt so proud. My little guy growing up, healthy and so handsome. He was a Plymouth Rock. Then the reality hit and roosters aren't allowed on my council. Luckily he joined a breeding program because he was beautiful! So he moved to a farm with lots of ladies. He was so sweet. Snuggled into my arms, very affectionate. He inspired me in many ways. I want to try and be an advocate for roosters in the little ways I can.

I also had a rooster named Blondie. He was a big part of my childhood.