• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The ducklings Trio

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
The first day they were a little fearful. But day two and my patience has worked! They also love bathtime!!

IMG_20200630_201801_1.jpg

They also love Gimli, the dog, and happily greet him when he takes a look. Gimli is a little afraid of them.

IMG_20200629_090948.jpg

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
The ducks walked up the the big sink, and said the the woman will the sink, hey bum bum bum, got any peas or shoots? Then the duck waddled away waddle, waddle, waddle, 'till Gimli came along bum bum bum bum bum bum bum. Then he wandered away waddle waddle waddle....

Yeah, I'm done now, too much effort...

Very cute!

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The ducks walked up the the big sink, and said the the woman will the sink, hey bum bum bum, got any peas or shoots? Then the duck waddled away waddle, waddle, waddle, 'till Gimli came along bum bum bum bum bum bum bum. Then he wandered away waddle waddle waddle....

Yeah, I'm done now, too much effort...

Very cute!
My nephew loves this song!!!

@fashionfobie LOVE the duckies in the sink!!!!! So adorable!!! I wanna come live with you! :swoon:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
So it is easy to take pics whilst they are in the tube. But.. they get two baths a day which are about 15 min and are strictly supervised. It is not safe to leave ducklings in sinks unattended or for too long.

I filled it up a little fuller for spinach foraging practice and the little guys loved diving :) I am in love. MVIMG_20200701_142202_1.jpg MVIMG_20200701_142204.jpg MVIMG_20200701_140829.jpg

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Are they gonna grow up and stay black? I've actually not seen ducklings in this colour before!
They are going to be beautiful green with some purple. They are Cayuga ducks. A pretty large breed, will probably be bigger than my dog.

As they get older they will start getting white feathers each molt and get more and more white in their later years. Their lifespan is around 12 and the rare duck breeder told me they don't start developing white until late life. He said some won't even get much white at all, each duck is a little unique like how human get whites, all different ages :)

Here are some reference photos I grabbed from google so you can get an idea.

OIP.jpg
OIP (1).jpg caysold.jpg

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
They are going to be beautiful green with some purple. They are Cayuga ducks. A pretty large breed, will probably be bigger than my dog.

As they get older they will start getting white feathers each molt and get more and more white in their later years. Their lifespan is around 12 and the rare duck breeder told me they don't start developing white until late life. He said some won't even get much white at all, each duck is a little unique like how human get whites, all different ages :)

Here are some reference photos I grabbed from google so you can get an idea.

View attachment 344268
View attachment 344269 View attachment 344270
Holy moly. That is one good looking duck.