• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The crazy bird walkers thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So finally...
The Weather here has been to hot for going on walks. But today it was perfect so off we go.
Most we where getting home some apples, rose-hips and some berries, but also enjoying beautiful butterflies and flowers.
They loved to being "on the road again". :D

Watch on YT with 2160 4K quality. :)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Such beautiful birds!! Glad you were able to get out again. Those pink flowers are gorgeous :heart::fairy2:

LynnInColorado

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
I went to the thrift store today specifically looking for a used baby stroller and was surprised that they had none.
Then I was Googling a bit and found this
Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier Amazon.com : Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier : Baby Stroller Accessories : Baby
Do you guys think that would would work? I think it would look more streamlined than just putting a travel cage in a baby stroller. But I am not sure if it would be secure and safe?
Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 2.11.08 PM.png
Hi. I'm pretty new to this forum, but several years ago I made a parrot stroller from the car seat carrier you linked to and it works great. I attach the aluminum travel cage in this photo to it with very thick bungee cords and it doesn't budge.
Master Lock Bungee Cord, Adjustable Bungee Cord with I-Beam Hook, 3039DAT - Bungie Cord - Amazon.com
I'll get a pic next time Rozi and I are out in the garden. She has always been happy to get in the travel cage and we just poke around outside. The little tires might make it too bumpy to go for walks though. These articles were my inspiration.
http://blog.parrotenrichment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/How_To_Build_A_Cageoller.pdf
parrot stroller – Phoenix Landing Blog

Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
View attachment 316145
Hi. I'm pretty new to this forum, but several years ago I made a parrot stroller from the car seat carrier you linked to and it works great. I attach the aluminum travel cage in this photo to it with very thick bungee cords and it doesn't budge.
Master Lock Bungee Cord, Adjustable Bungee Cord with I-Beam Hook, 3039DAT - Bungie Cord - Amazon.com
I'll get a pic next time Rozi and I are out in the garden. She has always been happy to get in the travel cage and we just poke around outside. The little tires might make it too bumpy to go for walks though. These articles were my inspiration.
http://blog.parrotenrichment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/How_To_Build_A_Cageoller.pdf
parrot stroller – Phoenix Landing Blog
What great timing for your lovely response! I was on my way to go pick up a stroller frame, from a Craigslist listing that I found last night, when I read that! I ended up with the chico keyfit caddy for $20 :dance5:

20190928_154034.jpg

Chicco KeyFit Caddy - baby & kid stuff - by owner - household sale

I appreciate the links you provided, thank you! Those look great! Glad to know you and Rozi enjoy your cageroller. She is so beautiful! :)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Glad to hear you got a great deal on a stroller @CrazyBirdChick esp after the issue you had with the eBay one :bash:

Can’t wait to see Blu out and about :heart:
I love all the pics on this thread, I stalk it regularly lol
Thank you Kelly! I'm so excited too! I'll have to clean it really well and then try when it's a little warmer out. I'll definitely get pics when we use it
:)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Awesome Brian! :)
How long walks do you have with them?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Now that the weather is getting warmer here I will have to go to all the local op shops to see what they have that may be suitable for Burt's carrier, I so want to be able to take him out for comfy short walks but at the moment we just stick to car trips mainly. Even with all the straps done up as tight as possible (and with a few extra kilos on me at the moment, lol) his carrier still is way too big for my frame and I have to hold it up in place when I try to take him for a walk so I can not use my hands for anything or the carrier bounces around too much with my limp and it is not an enjoyable walk for him. I also would prefer to be able to see him while we are out in public and on my back anyone could undo the zippers and let him out without me knowing (not that I think anyone would do that).
There are way too many big birds of prey about to safely take him outside with just his harness on......even in my own back yard it would not be safe :( Our last house was ok for just the harness as there were no big birds in the town area as they all stayed out near the farms and more open areas but here is a completely different matter......they circle our house all the time looking for things to catch either in our yards or the paddock behind our house. Too many magpies too, just today I was watching a magpie harass a much bigger kite and they both nearly crashed into the side of our shed!

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Going to get some fresh air.
View attachment 316160
Doubletake with double carriers, I love it! :heart:

I got another carrier for mine recently (took the advice I was given here to NOT use the same carrier designated for vet trips) I’m currently working on getting them comfortable with it before going outside.
I just hope we get there before it starts getting too cold here in PA!

LynnInColorado

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
......even in my own back yard it would not be safe :(
I hope you can figure something out for Burt. A secondhand stroller and strong bungee cords might be the answer. I have purchased 2 different harnesses for Rozi, but have never tried to put them on her. My fault and I'll work on it.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
That's so cool.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator