• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The crazy bird walkers thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
There´s loads of different ones, just search ¨foldable wagon¨ ;)
The problem I see with those is you can't have your parrot in front of you.
To have them in front of you is part safety reasons.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The problem I see with those is you can't have your parrot in front of you.
To have them in front of you is part safety reasons.
There are some that you can push. there´s lots of different styles. I think they literally say push and pull wagon or something. and the bar to push is a straight bar like a pram/shopping cart :)

edit;
Amazon.com : ENKEEO Foldable Utility Wagon Collapsible Sports Outdoor Cart with Removable Canopy, Large Capacity and Tilting Handle for Camping Beach Sporting Events Concerts Shopping (Burgundy) : Garden & Outdoor

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
There are some that you can push. there´s lots of different styles. I think they literally say push and pull wagon or something. and the bar to push is a straight bar like a pram/shopping cart :)

edit;

Amazon.com : ENKEEO Foldable Utility Wagon Collapsible Sports Outdoor Cart with Removable Canopy, Large Capacity and Tilting Handle for Camping Beach Sporting Events Concerts Shopping (Burgundy) : Garden & Outdoor

That's really cute. I'll have to measure Sam's carrier to see what could work for him.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I really like the sun protection roof. :)
It looks to be removable which is cool, so you can have it off for 10 minutes and get some sunshine and cover the cart again when it is too hot or you have given enough UV time :)

If it is waterproof, you could use it and go out in the rain! :D

M&M Ninja

Strolling the yard
omg I love the stroller idea! What happy birds!

Does anybody know of an alternative to the celltei packs? After getting our TAG comfortable getting in it and being zipped in, he immediately figured out its points of vulnerability and started to destroy it. We hike mostly, so wheels don't work as well for us.

M&M Ninja

Strolling the yard
I cannot figure out how to edit my comment, and am probably reading too much into it. I should have said that wheels 'wouldn't' work for us. Our TAG is no longer here and so I'm wondering for future reference/future bird.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I cannot figure out how to edit my comment, and am probably reading too much into it. I should have said that wheels 'wouldn't' work for us. Our TAG is no longer here and so I'm wondering for future reference/future bird.
I just use the little edit button

Screenshot_20190802-160036_Chrome.jpg
If you're having more problems than that, I'm afraid I can't help you much. Sorry :(

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@M&M Ninja you only get about 2-3 hours to edit posts. After that they cannot be edited so you will have to post another comment to correct any mistakes or edit :)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I went to the thrift store today specifically looking for a used baby stroller and was surprised that they had none.

Then I was Googling a bit and found this
Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier Amazon.com : Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier : Baby Stroller Accessories : Baby

Do you guys think that would would work? I think it would look more streamlined than just putting a travel cage in a baby stroller. But I am not sure if it would be secure and safe?

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm also not sure if you could safely attach a bird carrier to it. :shrug: You might look into pet strollers. They should also have a flat surface but I'd imagine it would be easier to secure it. I think? I'm not sure :shrug: but now I'm curious :lol:I think I'll online window shopping for them, if I come across anything I'll let you know :D

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm also not sure if you could safely attach a bird carrier to it. :shrug: You might look into pet strollers. They should also have a flat surface but I'd imagine it would be easier to secure it. I think? I'm not sure :shrug: but now I'm curious :lol:I think I'll online window shopping for them, if I come across anything I'll let you know :D
Thanks for the reply! It would be nice if I could go somewhere and see it in person. What makes me think it might not work is that part where you place the baby seat (or cage) is not a straight level surface.

Ok what about this one? Amazon.com : Pet Gear No-Zip Happy Trails Lite Pet Stroller, Zipperless Entry, Jaguar : Pet Supplies
There's mesh which isn't ideal but I think it might be easier to use. I do like the idea of the other you pick out I'm just not sure how it would thou. Hopefully someone else will chime in with better ideas than me :)
That looks pretty cute! I was looking into pet strollers before. Maybe that's where I should focus on more. Thank you!!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:hug8: I wish you alot of luck with it. Thankfully Echo is harnessed trained so I'm not exactly sure what one looks for in strollers for birds. I can tell you its lots of fun to take fids for a walk outside :D I really hope you find something that really works for you!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
:hug8: I wish you alot of luck with it. Thankfully Echo is harnessed trained so I'm not exactly sure what one looks for in strollers for birds. I can tell you its lots of fun to take fids for a walk outside :D I really hope you find something that really works for you!
Thank you! I'm sure we'll find something great. I'm just trying to be a little cost conscious so it limits the options just a tad but we'll get something good soon and I'll definitely share it here.

I wish Blu was harness trained but it's not as easy as I had imagined it in my head :rofl: So nice that you can take Echo out that way!

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Then I was Googling a bit and found this
Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier Amazon.com : Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier : Baby Stroller Accessories : Baby
That one will be fine. No problem to put Blus carrier on it.
But watch the height. I prefer to have them as high up as possible. And they prefer that too.
And when you buy to a baby it's always better quality then to a stroller made for a animal. (Incl chemicals)

But strange that you can't find a used one.
Facebook groups that sell used baby things?
Or perhaps visit a kindergarten and ask their if you can put up a add that you wanted one.
Their must be so many strollers just waiting for a new owner.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
That one will be fine. No problem to put Blus carrier on it.
But watch the height. I prefer to have them as high up as possible. And they prefer that too.
And when you buy to a baby it's always better quality then to a stroller made for a animal. (Incl chemicals)

But strange that you can't find a used one.
Facebook groups that sell used baby things?
Or perhaps visit a kindergarten and ask their if you can put up a add that you wanted one.
Their must be so many strollers just waiting for a new owner.
Thanks JT! I'm glad you think that one would work! I'll have to double check the measurements because I agree that higher is better.

The thrift store I went to mainly had clothes and knick knacks. There are so many other thrift stores I can check out and I will do that before I purchase the one I linked because I really want to see what I'm buying in person first

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Status
Not open for further replies.