• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The crazy bird walkers thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Today was just a socializing in the neighborhood. So we went to both hear and see barking dogs that one neighbor have. Another neighbor was doing garden, and another was cutting his grass.
Everything went fine. :)

Oh I love that we got to go on the walk with you! I can't believe she turns to look at the camera at the end... SO cute! I just love the whole concept, and the titles too. Thanks everyone, for sharing this.

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Guys, I'm curious. How often do you get people asking how much your baby is worth? I always tell them cockatoo are worth much more as a baby , and that people struggle to find homes for cockatoos. Neither are entirely wrong, but I also don't tell them 2 is still a baby!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
That's cool, they look like they really enjoy it, relaxed about it and sight seeing. It's good for them to get out.
Thank you! ♥ Yes I'm very happy for that they seems to enjoy this. I thinks it's great to have them placed like this. (safe and with water and food)
LOVE IT!!! What a great idea!!!
Thank you! ♥ So now we just waiting for your pics! :D
You forgot about me! :lol:How silly, Eloy...

View attachment 310200
Dexter got to meet Spider-Man a few weeks ago, back in El Paso!
No I didn't forget about you.
You are the awesome bird walker. :)
If you can place your bird on Spidermans arm and making him enjoying it you can never be the crazy bird walker...
This is fantastic!! I wish I could do stuff like this but I live in a tourist town so I´d end up on everyones holiday pictures :(
I also live in a tourist town. :D
I wouldn´t wanna go down there with the birds til late October so I have time to design something :)
Looking forward to that. :)
The crazybirdladygoals hashtag cracked me up too! :rofl:
But you do now that we all are awesome.♥
For me crazy is: Devoted, don't care of what others think if you just doing things that your animals like and need, are willing to sacrifice your reputation because your birds' well-being always comes first. ♥

Oh I love that we got to go on the walk with you! I can't believe she turns to look at the camera at the end... SO cute! I just love the whole concept, and the titles too. Thanks everyone, for sharing this.
Thank you! ♥
Rudy’s the only brave one so far!
Rudy is the best! ♥ Nice that you also going on adventures in a stroller. :)
Guys, I'm curious. How often do you get people asking how much your baby is worth?
When you say it that way, be careful so they don't want to steal Dexter from you. Never let a stranger come to near him. Always have him on your opposite side from a stranger. If they manage to grab his harness they can hurt him badly even if they don't manage to steal him. I don't want to scare you, but please, be very careful. :)

But yes. That are a common question. First they ask if they speak, and then they ask how expensive they was. (like I just bought a new car)
I always answer, money. :D And tell them that they are pretty good in talking. Some are stupid enough to ask what and then I sound like a Maxi Pi for a while and they don't get impressed at all. :D :D :D

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Guys, I'm curious. How often do you get people asking how much your baby is worth? I always tell them cockatoo are worth much more as a baby , and that people struggle to find homes for cockatoos. Neither are entirely wrong, but I also don't tell them 2 is still a baby!
I get asked by nearly everybody who either sees or knows I have Burt how much he cost me. Some don’t straight out ask, they say things like aren’t macaws worth a lot of money? I always tell them my bird is worth more than all the money in the world to me!
The only other things they are ever really interested in seem to be whether he talks or they can touch him.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
You should have two different carriers. The one you are using as a travel cage for outside visit should always have some of their favorite treats in a bowl.
My girls go inside because they want it. And after our adventure they can go back in to see if their is any left. They feel really comfortable in their carriers.
You can place the carrier open on top of their cage. (if It can be their) Just place a bowl inside with their favorite and they will learn on their own to accept it..

Curious, do they make carriers to hook up to a bike? My birds love car rides, but would be nice to take them on the rail trail and see the wilderness.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
i don't like my stroller. i can't see if he's okay in there or chewing something or what! I was nervous the whole time!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
i don't like my stroller. i can't see if he's okay in there or chewing something or what! I was nervous the whole time!
:(

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That is such a cute stroller carriage in your link! It looks like the carrier would fit!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The travel cage is like the one I’ve been using for Rocky lately....she has a larger one, but this size is easier to use for short periods of time...here’s a pic of her in it

And in stroller

Lovely! Is my link like your stroller?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That is such a cute stroller carriage in your link! It looks like the carrier would fit!
BScoot will go in the wire cage no problem and then I can carry him out to the stroller. It’s aluminum so maybe I can store it on your porch. Jack put a small hurricane generator inside with gasoline still in it and it stinks!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Lovely! Is my link like your stroller?
Totally different stroller, yours looks like it would hold a cage better than mine in the horizontal bassinet position.

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran