• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Count Down Starts

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So the count down has started ... its a month and 3 days till I go to BC and see Mattie ( name change to McKenzie) and bring her home ..I am so excited I can hardly wait. I will be driving 10 hours one way to go get her ..I have a friend coming with me so it wont seem like 10 hours of traveling... I have her cage already and will be keeping her in my bed room for about 4-6 weeks for quarantine then she will come out to the living room with Tyrion and Lagatha ... I am so happy to be bring this lil lady home she hasnt been doing very well in a rescue situation ..they say she is quite and seems shy and scared but healthy ...she is eating well on raw whole foods and pellets with some seed... I will be transferring to a solid raw whole food diet and home made seed slowly over a few weeks and see how she does .. Im so very excited !!!!!

Attachments

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Admit it. The countdown started awhile ago... :roflmao:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
LOL..yes very true ..it started the moment I was approved to have her :wacky:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hope all runs smoothly for your trip and new feathered child. Please send us some photos.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
She is coming home like a baby from NICU. Being prepared is the biggest thing. If I'm correct you have decorated and redecorated the cage a couple hundred times. Put in toys take out toys, rearranged food dishes water bowls. I know I did that when Sweet Pea was coming here ( I miss her little stinker butt) am I right?

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well they are doing road construction on the high way Ill be driving to go to BC during the time I was planning on going and the detour will add 1.5 hrs to my travels each way . So now I have to decide if I will go before the construction starts or after it starts on the 20 of April and ends 21 of may . So I dont know what to do if I go before I could run into bad weather and if I go after thats 2.5 weeks later I have to wait . What would you do if you were me ?:confused:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The countdown already started...... GO EARLY!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well Im waiting to hear back from the rescue to see if I can go early or if later would be better for them ... ;)

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So now I have an issue do I fly and bring her back in cabin in a carry cage or do I drive ..It going to cost about the same either way ..Flying I will have to rent a car to drive to and back from the rescue ..If I drive I will have a long drive to and back ...Im just not sure what to do ... Flying might be better since I can make it a one day trip but I hate flying and will have to arrange someone to take me to and from the airport... Im at a loss ..have alot to think about :confused:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fly out, rent a car and drive back

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So it looks like Im flying there and back on the first wed of May .. The rescue said they would pick me up at the airport and take me back later in the day ..Im very excited :cheer:

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
That's great!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Congratulations! She looks beautiful, I hope picking her up will go smoothly. Waiting must be sweet torture! Can’t wait to hear about her settling in her new home:)