• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The citrus loving bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherice

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
sherice
I have a question on diet. My experience with birds has left me kind of uneducated in the way of food. I feel completely lost in what is right and wrong with a lot of things. I know no chocolate, onions, caffeine and avocado. well while I was pouring myself a glass of limeade today my Sun Conure went right into my cup and began to drink. I allowed him another sip but than decided until I had the input of other I cant let him have anymore. Also he was really adamant on having some of my fiances lemon lime soda. We didnt allow him to have any but what are your thoughts on this?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
perhaps a little juice occasionally for him when you are drinking soda so he can 'share' but have something good for him :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

Sherice

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
sherice
Thanks guys, I dont drink soda so that will never be a problem, I will tell my fiance no soda! Also I am going to print out that list, great list! Thanks guys, I'm so glad I found this site! Its so great to have people to turn too.

Status
Not open for further replies.