• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The cat is out of the bag

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Hi all !

I figured I should share some news here, since a few of you already know.

For multiple reasons, I have decided to retire from breeding budgies. This has been one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made, but I know it's for the best. So over the next few weeks/months I will be slowly retiring my flock and will only be keeping Tango and Peanut, as they are easy travel companions and used to road trips.

So, if anyone is in Ontario and would like a bird, let me know!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Too bad that I’m not closer or I would definitely consider getting one of your birds.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry about that, PoukieBear. I just wanted to make sure that ex-breeding budgies were good with other birds, but everyone was super concerned I'd be getting the fourth from a sketchy, back alley bird mill. See you tonight! Anyhow, break's over.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry to read that. I used to breed red-bellied parrots and stopped doing that. Was a hard decision but felt that it was necessary.
Wish I lived in your area because I would take one of your beautiful budgies. Hope you find excellent homes for your wonderful birds.

Dorcas George

Awww...must have been a difficult choice. I sure wish I were closer.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Wow, yes, I know that had to be a hard decision. Hope you will stay here and continue giving the wise, wonderful suggestions that you always give! Many wishes for a happy retirement. :hug4:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That must have been a hard decision. I hope you enjoy the next phase of your life, whatever that looks like!

More selfishly, I hope you stay on the Avenue - I always enjoy reading your posts and especially appreciate your insights into responsible, ethical breeding.