• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The boys and their new cage (aviary)

ZekeZack

Strolling the yard
I did it. I found an indoor aviary for my boys. It was the only option easily available to me and it took a month to get here but it turned out pretty great. :laugh:

I'll be home 24/7 with a fully remote job and I set up a baby birdy cam so I can watch them wherever I am. It even has night vision and voice which confuses them greatly. :roflmao:

I adore all their happy, exploring coos and clucks and love watching them jump from thing to thing in the cage. It's really true that a caique will use every inch of space you give them.

Anyways, pics!

PXL_20210729_212426755.jpg

PXL_20210729_213012085.MP.jpg
PXL_20210729_213015585.jpg

Jogging around the block
That's a really nice aviary for them! I'm sure they'll love it :)
That's adorable about the voices, we have dogs that we call on the phone when we leave on a holiday and we ge the person caring for them to hold to phone for them, and then we talk to them for the phone and they get really confused and happy :lol:

ZekeZack

Strolling the yard
Very nice! I’m sure they love it! Where did you find it?
I found it off ebay. There was a comparable one on amazon for a while there but the seller and return policy looked really sketchy. This one had some decent reviews and the price was excellent.

ZekeZack

Strolling the yard
That's a really nice aviary for them! I'm sure they'll love it :)
That's adorable about the voices, we have dogs that we call on the phone when we leave on a holiday and we ge the person caring for them to hold to phone for them, and then we talk to them for the phone and they get really confused and happy :lol:
That's adorable! It's so funny to watch them suddenly stop what they're doing and listen in confusion. When it hits them who it is they start screaming and running around in excitement.

I forgot I was gonna post this pic of them in the cage too. Happy little birdies getting ready to hop on me cuz I opened the door.
Screenshot_20210729-143321.jpg

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's lovely!

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Wow, I love that! Such a cool setup!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great setup and such a lovely pair of birds

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
That's AWESOME!! Lucky birdies!

ZekeZack

Strolling the yard
You spoil your birds to death! They're like the rich kids at school every one is jealous of!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: that makes me happy. I don't have kids so they get to be my feathered children. I just want to give them the best I possibly can and it makes me happy when they're happy. :heart:

Last edited:

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks great, just make sure to utilize the bottom half of the cage too! Btw my sun conure is very jealous lol

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Set up looks terrific. I give mine a treat before I open that cage door so they are occupied and don't rocket past me in a blur. So keep an aye on that door perch

ZekeZack

Strolling the yard
Set up looks terrific. I give mine a treat before I open that cage door so they are occupied and don't rocket past me in a blur. So keep an aye on that door perch
Definitely! I know how quick these guys are when they want to be and I bet the big door will make it even easier to escape the moment it opens. :) I'm pretty excited they are getting the hang of flying, nothing beats the feeling of a bird flying to you . :grouphug3:

ZekeZack

Strolling the yard
Looks great, just make sure to utilize the bottom half of the cage too! Btw my sun conure is very jealous lol
Yeah I noticed a lot of the things I've got aren't long enough to go to the floor. I still got some shopping ahead of me. :) I want to get some longer branches and I just picked up a new basket for their footsie toys. I'll definitely be re-arranging everything on a pretty routinely basis.

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
Wow! What lucky birds!