• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Blue Team

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
*mostly new pics used (second group pic is older)*

Meet the Blue Team;

Members;

IMG_20190811_190926.jpg
Aldora,
Founder and chief noise-maker.

IMG_20190811_190859.jpg
Jaime,
Co-founder and emotional support officer.

IMG_20190811_191228.jpg
Lapis Lazuli,
Underling 1, eldest.

IMG_20190811_191146.jpg
Nube (pronounced Noo-beh) ,
Underling 2.

Backstory
So a year ago Aldora and Jaime were brooding their clutch. Aldora had been with us over a year, after instantly hit it off with Jaime upon arriving. When two beautiful chicks hatched, and we watched them grow, the original plan to rehome them quickly became a distant memory.
At little over 3 weeks old, I handfed the chicks alongside Jaime who wanted to help out a little.
Every day I would let Jaime and Aldora out of the cage to greet their chicks. Aldora soon lost interest leaving just a small family of three; Jaime, Lapis and Nube.
Very quickly, Jaime stopped tending to the chicks also, he would no longed feed them or preen them however he would still come over and look at them.

Being lovebirds, I thought the bond would just fizzle and fade away.
But Jaime never stopped coming over, when the chicks were learning to fly, he was there. They were always together as a threesome.
Aldora would only get involved if there was a bath.

Then something interesting happened, once the little ones learned to fly, mum came back. Now they would fly as a four, land together, eat together.
I would let the little ones out of their cage and they would make a B-line to their parents cage, eagerly awaiting their parents be let out too.

These four birds have been a solid unit ever since. The little ones still to this day go straight to their parents cage once I open their door.

Aldora would get grouchy when she was nesty, and not want the little ones in her face at all, but she would still fly with them and all land in the same place. Once the hormones were gone, she returns to being more loving and allowing the little ones to get a bit closer.

I call my little lovebird family The blue team, because they really are a team, where you find one, you find the other 3. I also used the term Blue because at the time, my only other bird was of Yellow colour so this made it clear who were members.

IMG_20190811_190808.jpg
L-R; Lapis, Nube, Aldora, Jaime.

IMG_20190811_154106.jpg
L-R; Aldora, Jaime, Nube, Lapis (slightly older pic)

I have made a short montage to celebrate one year of the blue team ❤

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Awe What a sweet montage! You forgot a member though- it clearly looks like you are an honorary member, if not at least one of their favorite landing spots lol

Thanks for sharing this cuteness!
And Jaime :heart: what a good guy!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You forgot a member though- it clearly looks like you are an honorary member
I am just a perch.
Jaime and the little ones are all super ¨tame¨ and do come over to play, but they prefer to be with their own kind :)

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is so precious! What a lovely little squad! :swoon:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww! I love that montage.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
LOVE the Blue Team!!!! :heart:

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Great montage! The blue team are so cute together!:heart::heart:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks guys, I´m lucky to have them all in my life. It´s just a shame they won´t accept Adelie as a member of their flock. They will allow Sydney to fly with them as long as he doesn´t land too close however the last few weeks I haven´t let Sydney out with them, he flies with Adelie separate.
The last video clip is my favourite clip of them all together, filmed a week ago. If anyone is curious at what they are all looking at, there was a little girl crying in the street and so they were all craning to try and look at this new strange sound :laugh:

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
The Blue Squad is great! You also balance them all on your head so well :)

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I love the blue team and the sweet montage you put together! So sweet that they all stick together as family

Question...is Adelie Aldora & Jaime's baby too? Is she not included cause she's not blue?

And also, not to derail the blueness of the thread but, how did you get Sydney?

The blues seem like they're featherists against grey and red/yellow :joyful:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
is Adelie Aldora & Jaime's baby too? Is she not included cause she's not blue?
Yes, she is their chick too and she is blue too. She is not included because they won´t allow her nor does she seem to waant to be a part of their group. She attacks them, they attack her. So yes, they are family, but not flock.

And also, not to derail the blueness of the thread but, how did you get Sydney?
Sydney was my first bird, so I have had him the longest (I cannot say he is the oldest because I do not know how old Aldora is).

Fun fact, I chose Sydney as my first bird. I chose the mutation I wanted and then picked a chick from the clutch. Later when we decided to expand the family, I sent my man out to bring home a Normal lovebird (Green) and he brought home Jaime....... :think1:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Interesting, thank you for sharing! I'm sorry if I may have missed that before somewhere on the forum.

I guess Adelie and the blue team have their reasons for not wanting to get along with each other. I'm sure they know why.

Also, sorry for thinking Adelie was grey. She looks light in the pictures on my phone.

That's so funny that he brought a blue instead of a green. I guess everything happens for a reason though because it all worked out beautifully :cloud9:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Love your sweet story of the Blue Angels!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I guess Adelie and the blue team have their reasons for not wanting to get along with each other. I'm sure they know why.
Adelie was abandoned at 5 days old. They just decided to stop feeding her. The vet says it could be they sensed she was ¨not right¨ (she ended up growing to have a bad foot and also grew super slow).
When Adelies siblings from the same clutch were little, Nube and Lapis went over with Jaime and preened the babies. The picture is in the montage at 01:18. Nube even attacked Sydney for getting to close to the chicks, protecting them. But later when Adelie was introduced to Lapis and Nube, they flat out rejected her and went to attack. I think this is why Adelie now attacks them also, because she knows they will get her.

Also, sorry for thinking Adelie was grey. She looks light in the pictures on my phone.
Yes, she still is a bit grey in indoor lighting, she does shine blue outside or under LED. Nube is the same but his blue is more jade like his dad, Adelie is violet like her mum. It is the mutation they have that dilutes the colour.

I guess everything happens for a reason though because it all worked out beautifully
Right?! It´s just so coinsidental.
He goes off and brings home a different bird because he saw Jaime and fell in love. Then Aldora just shows up on our doorstep, or the other 16 doors on that patio, she came to mine, and she is a carrier for the Edge dilute mutation as is Jaime (it´s non visual because they are both split), together they created Nube and Adelies special colour. It blows my mind everytime I think about it.

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Wow, what a gorgeous little family! I love their name! Haha makes me think of my football team ;) I don’t think I’ve ever seen such spectacular blues! I love that they’re such a harmonious flock :xflove: I’m glad Adelie has Sydney to fly with, I hope they get on well :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:heart: I don’t what I loved more, your story telling or your photos.

The blue team is so darn gorgeous and photogenic!!

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
They are so cute!

It is so lovely that they get to be a little family. It is really interesting that Andora had different priorities for awhile. She almost seems more like an aunt ;) gets to enjoy all the fun bits and leaves the hard work to you.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
They are just the cutest! I'd love to see a video of them flying together but I know filming that is just a little bit difficult!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have tried many times, I think I need a better camera.
The day I finally get a decent film, I will send it to you :)