• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The black lory (a dream bird)

jessem101

Meeting neighbors
I waited some time to get my Black Lory, been training her slowly. Very active and very loving as well. she's coming into her own. Their poops are the only downfall lol they shoot out like squirt guns. My amazon is like a couch potato, and she's like a fire cracker lol very beautiful bird, and she's been awesome so far. Originally got her from Tracis parrots 4 U here in Utah. they weaned my girl from hatch and they did a great job.

jessem101

Meeting neighbors
i currently own a Black Lory, was very hard for me to find a breeder of a black Lory. They are VERY affectionate and VERY active and get ready for some poops when they are babies lol I purchased mine through Tracisparrots4u here in Utah can find them on instagram: @tracisparrots4u This was the only place where they had black Lorys available maybe every 2 to 3 years here in the US.

They did a fantastic job of weening my baby girl, by the time i got here, she was able to step up, feed on her own and she even started talking. They are very very active, and they love the attention. they arent as noisy as lets say an amazon, but they let loose a skreech noise, which to me isnt bad at all. My girl settled in very well. They seem nippy, so need to train them quick, as i just broke her out of the nipping stage. They are larger than the rainbow Lory, but they are more gentle and like to get cuddled. overall i am very happy with my baby girl. As seen here in the photos, you can tell she is a juvenile as she still has white around the beak and eyes. When she becomes an adult, she will be completely black in those areas. She also has emerald blue on her back, and of course her red and gold tail feathers. Shes a very cool looking parrot..looks mean, but man she is very affectionate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
i currently own a Black Lory, was very hard for me to find a breeder of a black Lory. They are VERY affectionate and VERY active and get ready for some poops when they are babies lol I purchased mine through Tracisparrots4u here in Utah can find them on instagram: @tracisparrots4u. This was the only place where they had black Lorys available maybe every 2 to 3 years here in the US.

They did a fantastic job of weening my baby girl, by the time i got here, she was able to step up, feed on her own and she even started talking. They are very very active, and they love the attention. they arent as noisy as lets say an amazon, but they let loose a skreech noise, which to me isnt bad at all. My girl settled in very well. They seem nippy, so need to train them quick, as i just broke her out of the nipping stage. They are larger than the rainbow Lory, but they are more gentle and like to get cuddled. overall i am very happy with my baby girl. As seen here in the photos, you can tell she is a juvenile as she still has white around the beak and eyes. When she becomes an adult, she will be completely black in those areas. She also has emerald blue on her back, and of course her red and gold tail feathers. Shes a very cool looking parrot..looks mean, but man she is very affectionate.

Holy crap, she's beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
i currently own a Black Lory, was very hard for me to find a breeder of a black Lory. They are VERY affectionate and VERY active and get ready for some poops when they are babies lol I purchased mine through Tracisparrots4u here in Utah can find them on instagram: @tracisparrots4u This was the only place where they had black Lorys available maybe every 2 to 3 years here in the US.

Wow :omg::faint:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Beautiful bird! I think you should start a separate thread about her and what it's like caring for her.
100% agree you should and share more pictures please

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
That is one striking, amazing bird!