• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The bird room is a sauna

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
At 88 degrees. Any lower and 28 yr old Jackson fluffs up gets very vocally angry and catches a chill. He has a sweeter heater behind his cage . Chickie won’t shred veggies or do anything strenuous. I can’t move him out. We’re all suffering drenched with sweat. House is so nice and cool and I haven’t yet used the wall mini split ac in the bird room.
Any bird safe ideas?

image.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I would die. I can't handle heat anymore :wideyed:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
a bowl of ice in water with floating fruits and veggies for Chickie to make a mess with!!! video too :p

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Ok ice trays are in the freezer

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
I’m not sure what your asking? It’s a bird room so for the bird?
Did that sweeter heater smell when you first got it? Mine stunk of glue when I turned it on

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I burned my Sweeter Heater off in the garage for 24 hours plus before using it with my naked little man Opie. Haven't had a problem since then.

So if I'm understanding correctly, it has to be that warm for Jackson, but the other birds are not comfortable with it?

Can part of the room be made into a "cool oasis" with a bubbly fountain, ice treats as mentioned, and maybe a bit of a fan?

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Oh I mean if you put the bird on the opposite side with Mayb a oil filler radiator on that side of the room since they cover less sq footage and the heater you use? Or split the room in half with those plastic temporary door things? I dunno just an idea I wouldn’t keep a fan directly on the bird. How do you no the other birds aren’t comfy? Are there wings out usallly they all like it warm

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Move him to another room!

My bird room gets 80+ in the afternoon. It’s miserable. It’s hard to clean when you SWEAT like crazy!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thanks guys! we reached a compromise-- ac on at 87F lol. Working out great so far. Jackson huddles near his sweeter wall heater and we are all cool in the bird room . (The birds and I. House is at 72 I think). Thanks for sharing ideas. I’ll get a bladeless vertical fan and aim it away from Jackson. I’m from India and don’t mind 84 F at all.

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
so u use the mini split I’m thinking of getting one

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I burned my Sweeter Heater off in the garage for 24 hours plus before using it with my naked little man Opie. Haven't had a problem since then.

So if I'm understanding correctly, it has to be that warm for Jackson, but the other birds are not comfortable with it?

Can part of the room be made into a "cool oasis" with a bubbly fountain, ice treats as mentioned, and maybe a bit of a fan?
Waiting to call Lasko tomorrow about Teflon in their bladeless tower fan! Great idea thanks!