• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The bird household

Nala92

Meeting neighbors
Showing photos or videos of my birds on Instagram or Facebook? I can. But I have a feeling most of my friends and family are maybe getting sick of my photos and videos. Thats when I decided to come by and sign up for this forum. I want to nerd out and say how pretty my birds are. So here we are!

I have 5 birds in my flock. When I typed it, I recounted them, because the baby is here since a week.

Let's go from oldest to youngest
- Guus, Meyer 24-02-2015
I got Guus when she was a tiny, tiny baby. She loves me (everyone) but she mostly LOVESSSSS males. When I still lived at home, she was my dads favorite, because she always flew to my dad and was happy. From all the adult birds, she definitelyis the easiest. She doesn't care where she is and with who. As long as there is a cage, food and water.

- Nala, Galah, 17-04-2016
Galah has always been my dream bird. When I was 16, I wanted one. But I thought of myself as too young, so I got a senegal (who unfortunaly past away). But in 2016 I knew. NOW I am ready to have a Galah. I had Guus at the time. And now I was ready. Nala is a good bird. And she is special. For like the last 5 years I do volunteerwork with her in an elderly home, and she loves people. When I am outside with her (she has an Aviator Harness on) she says: "Peek aboo!" Because she knows she gets all the attention.
But when we are in "her" domain, she doesn't like people. I am the only one who can go in to her cage. And my boyfriend is kinda scaredof her. So she uses that to her advantage. But to be honest, it is going better. I had surgery a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't put the cover over their cages. So my boyfriend needed to do it. I cleaned the cages that day, and I switch up their cages. Sometimes Nala is in Elvis his cage and the other way around. So my boyfriendhad a ritual of saying good night to them and he didn't notice the Galah's switched cages. So he put his finger in the cage, because "Elvis" (who was actually Nala) put her head near the bars to get a head scratch."Is that... Nala?", he asked me. I told him yeah, and I made a speech of saying: 'She feels when you are afraid'. Since then he's less afraid. Just really ... really... cautious.

- Elvis, Galah, 22-04-2017
A year later Elvis came in to my life. Where I handraised Guus, Nala I didn't. I really wanted to handraise a Galah. Mistakes were made... Well. Not really mistakes. But yeah. Elvis had the typical cockatoo: "I WANT FOOOOOD", scream. "My bird need to be socialized", I also said. So Elvis went with my friend and I to MacDonalds. Elvis being a baby screamed. Because he was a baby cockatoo. He couldn't help it. My friend and I were awkwardly laughing our asses off. We had food. We needed to finish the food!
Anyways. So Elvis is a momma's boy. He's afraid for a lot of things, but nothing at the same time. Did you know that dust can be really scary? Because it is. Elvis was /is really cautious of people. So when he flew to my boyfriend for the first time. He was tearing up. Elvis is also the funniest one. He likes to talk and make people laugh. When we laugh, he laughs louder. My favorite thing with him though, that he asks for a kiss.

- Taco, Lovebird, 06-09-2020
When my grandma passed away, we got some money. And I wanted to buy something from it with a joke. She was my best friend. But I never been materialistic. I wanted something that I wanted. So I got Taco with a joke, she always thought I had too many birds. She was afraid of them but, loved them at the same time. I remember saying to my parents: "I will get a lovebird. I know for sure that she passed, if she doesn't come back to say how dissapointed she is in me for getting another bird". We had lovebirds before. Male and female. So I knew for sure I wanted a male. The breeder that I got Taco from, knew for 100% Taco was a male. Taco got DNA tested. But "Look, I got 20 years of experience. I know a male lovebird when I see one". I guess you all see where this is going. Taco is a female. With ... all... female... qualities... Don't get me wrong. I love her to death. But there was a reason why I "wanted" a male. Female lovebirds are a tiny bit harder. She also is the only one of my birds clipped. She things she can handle the cockatoos and she's a fast and good flyer.

- Lily, Jardine, 18-10-2023
Littly baby Lily. I love Jardines. I had 2 in the past butone of them died because of a tumor, other one because of a stroke. I kinda gave up on having another bird. I had 4 other birds, and my boyfriend is sometimes overwhelmed with the noise. But scrolling through youtube, I came across a Jardine video and I told him how much I love those birds but I will not get one, because he's too overwhelmed. He said: 'You can have one.I can handle another one. Don't worry about me!' So I asked if he was sure. He was. I emailed the breeder from one of my previous Jardine who passed away with the question if we can do it for next breeding season. It was september. Breeding season probably was over. "I happen to have 3 fertile eggs", so Lily came in to our life a year earlier then expected. But it was a good time. Just had surgery, still working half days, so I have time to handfeed her (she was destined to be handfed. The clutch their dad isn't nice when they get feathers) She is her for the last week and she is doing good.

Sheesz. Sorry. Has been a story. Lets add some photos.

Attachments

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
You have some gorgeous birds lovely reading about them

and I am with you 100% on female lovebirds my indie I love her to bits but she’s my hardest bird :loltears:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I can’t remember who it was but someone called them hate birds haha
Thank you.
Galah's over female lovebirds 1000000%.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Beautiful flock! :heart:
Following along :)

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Oh man, the envy I feel for your galahs :loveshower: I want one very badly, but I have a triton cockatoo who would lose her crap if I brought another 'too in :roflmao:

Your flock is gorgeous!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Agree. Unless there is millet. Or they can take over the world.
Even sometimes millet doesn’t cut it with my cow bag :banghead: :loltears: :sinkng::rnfrt:I am now hiding from Icey

sb sigmund

Strolling the yard
Please post as many fun pics as you have! Beautiful flock

Nala92

Meeting neighbors
I forgot how cute it was, seeing a baby bird grow up. Yesterday she bathed for the first time. And today she went outside. She isn’t flying yet, and she was all in my neck. She couldn’t go anywhere. She’s getting used to the harness so that she can come outside with me.

Attachments