• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Backstory of Our Dogs

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those eyes are weapons-grade emotional manipulation! How do you manage to get anything done without constantly fussing over the hounds?

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those eyes are weapons-grade emotional manipulation! How do you manage to get anything done without constantly fussing over the hounds?
It’s extremely difficult!! There’s lots of fussing over them. The beautiful, soulful eyes, the requesting ears, the silky coats - it’s only through being more used to being around them that we can tear ourselves away from the spell of adoration, lol.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Oh... that face-- eyes! Reminds me so greatly of my beloved Tigger, a brindle female greyhound rescued from chewing bubblegum off the street-- hungry... her 'owner' was homeless and couldn't afford to feed her... He had rescued her from being chained to a tree w/ no water... So God brought her to me! [This was back in the late '70's before any talk of Greyhound rescue began]. So thankful there are plans in place now!

This is the best breed ever!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Elsa can be so bossy! :laughing2: It was my wife’s turn to take them out this morning, and the dogs know this. Elsa is usually the one who says, “Okay, it’s time,” and she’ll come up to the side of the bed and do a gentle nose bump, wag her tail, and just generally look adorable. Elsa tried looking cute, but when that didn’t get a prompt response, she issued a command to my wife to get out of bed and take her out immediately! It was a short, aggravated, imperative “roo” blast - I’m surprised she didn’t stamp her foot with it! :laughin: It was absolutely hilarious! Needless to say, that got my wife out of bed to attend the princess.

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Awww, looks like they’re settling right in...they know they’ve hit the jackpot of homes :heart: