• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Backstory of Our Dogs

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for updating those of us watching and waiting to hear. I’m so sorry that all of you are going through this!
Steroids can be effective very quickly; praying that the meds can ease Senny’s difficulties. Was the vet able to at least reassure you that the neuro deficit is impairing function only, that your boy is not suffering pain?
Thank you so much for caring about our pups.:bluhug:

We feel bad for them having to experience any struggle or discomfort - we want to spare them any of that.

Me too. The vet said we should know by Monday if the steroids are going to help him or not. He said it didn’t seem that Senny was in pain - as a matter of fact, our boy seemed to have a lack of feeling/response altogether. :( He was also concerned about our boy’s weakness of “spirit”/presence. Senny has always been a gentle, quiet boy, but he had a spark in his eye before. Now he seems to be fading. It’s such a contrast to our fighter Sai who always had a deep well of strong, persistent spirit, even up until the end.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This was our last picture of Sai that my wife just revealed she had - it was his last car trip. Doesn’t he look so beautiful and lively? He was such a bright soul.

17056FE3-86EF-4D7E-A1B2-276FC35E8D21.jpeg

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
What a treasure that last photo is of Sai :heart: the beautiful personality shines through!

The Elsa caption is perfect...they are so effortlessly regal and graceful; and benevolent in not allowing the natural disdain towards we lesser beings to diminish their love for us

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a treasure that last photo is of Sai :heart: the beautiful personality shines through!

The Elsa caption is perfect...they are so effortlessly regal and graceful; and benevolent in not allowing the natural disdain towards we lesser beings to diminish their love for us
Thank you - he has a few photos that are perfect captures of the essence of him. It figures that his last one would be one of those!

Elsa is an expert at the regal disdain, but you’re right - they often have it to some extent, lol.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The medicine did not really help Senny. We let him go tonight. He was becoming so light that even I could carry him. It’s difficult to comprehend losing two dogs in as many weeks. But it was no way for him to live. They thought he wouldn’t have lived for too much longer on his own. :(

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm so sorry, I hoped he would have more time with you, I wasn't optimistic given his age and how awful that sounded but rarely we are given miracles. It was his time. :(
Like Sai, I'm so glad he didn't have to die alone in that concrete nightmare and found a loving home. His golden years were a gift you gave him.
:sadhug2:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am so sorry :(

I am also sorry I have not kept up with this mostly beautiful thread but I just have such a hard time opening this thread... seeing some of your guys (especially them long triangle heads and beady happy eyes like in post 209) reminds me of my old boy who has been gone just over a year. My heart hurts with yours for your loss :sadhug2::sadhug2:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry, I hoped he would have more time with you, I wasn't optimistic given his age and how awful that sounded but rarely we are given miracles. It was his time. :(
Like Sai, I'm so glad he didn't have to die alone in that concrete nightmare and found a loving home. His golden years were a gift you gave him.
:sadhug2:
Our vet and our vet tech friend tried to prepare us for this, so we knew it was serious, but in this past week it became evident how bad off he was. Even though we expected he’d not be with us too many more years, he deteriorated so fast that it took us off guard. But I’m seeing that greyhounds are much like birds in this way.

Thank you.:sadhug2: That was all we wanted. For him to be happy, safe, and warm, and to finally get to enjoy life. I think we accomplished that, so that brings us some peace.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so sorry :(

I am also sorry I have not kept up with this mostly beautiful thread but I just have such a hard time opening this thread... seeing some of your guys (especially them long triangle heads and beady happy eyes like in post 209) reminds me of my old boy who has been gone just over a year. My heart hurts with yours for your loss :sadhug2::sadhug2:
Thank you. Please don’t apologize! I completely understand. It is hard to lose them. :sadhug: Our house feels so much emptier with two of our greyhounds gone. :(

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so sorry to read about your precious fur babies!