• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Backstory of Our Dogs

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been following your thread for a while, and wanted to finally say thank you for sharing the story of your lovely dogs.
Please feel free to share more stories and pictures of your beautiful Pepper as well if/when you feel ready. :heart:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry to be the one to point this out, but it looks like someone assembled your dog wrong! Better refer to the instruction booklet :laughing2:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry to be the one to point this out, but it looks like someone assembled your dog wrong! Better refer to the instruction booklet :laughing2:
This happens a surprising amount of the time! Much as I try to keep him assembled like a proper dog...:p

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tell me why this tiny dog-like creature will cuddle up to my wife so sweetly and then flying-kangaroo-kick my backside 2 minutes later as his expression of affection towards me?? :rolleyes: Where’s my cute snuggles?!

09418A0E-366B-4BBA-A738-4EBC8AF5E437.jpeg

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
I saw a device on an internet ad-- called Pet Gentle. Costs about $40, and uses a 9-volt battery.

It redirects dogs by putting out sounds in the 30K decible range. [dogs hear 67 to 45,000Hz and up]. [Humans hear 64 to 23,000]. The ad gave the example of barking dogs, but also works to redirect aggressive ones. They stated after the dogs learned about the irritating noise [for them] they would often stop after a verbal redirection, or even just seeing the device. It also has a light if they need visual enhancement.
People liked this since was much more humane than a shock collar.
Thought it might help w/ that aggressive neighbor dog.:heart:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The sweet Bear…

3160C61D-CA03-4669-A1E6-E0497E188E36.jpeg

Same sweet Bear stole my phone like he does my socks and chewed on it! :facepalm: Fortunately the worst of it was the screen, which we replaced. I kept it in the same case (”Just a girl who loves greyhounds”) that now has his tooth marks in the corner, which is kind of perfect…lol.

Post-incident face:

9094CC9A-5366-4407-8ADE-A1820E35D7A2.jpeg

Dania

Strolling the yard
I love the sighthounds. If I got a dog it would be a retired racing greyhound or 2.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love the sighthounds. If I got a dog it would be a retired racing greyhound or 2.
They are the most awesome dogs. Hope you get the chance someday!

Dania

Strolling the yard
Have to find my own place first. I share an apartment with my mom and she doesn't want any.