• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Aviator harness alternatives

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, the aviator does not ship to where I live. So could you tell me how viable these alternatives would be for an African Grey?

Alternative 1 - this plus a securely attached elastic string like the one that the aviator has.

Alternative 2 - again with a string attached to absorb "flight pull".

Alternative 3

Or any other alternatives/suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Straight away forget about Alternative 3. I wouldn't trust my bird to anything from there.
I'm with @OK Mike on this, maybe another member can help buy and ship?

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
That never crossed my mind! I would love it if I could ship it to someone on the forum that could send it to me. Although I live far away, in Turkey.

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
This is the shipping disclaimer from parrot university's ordering page. I don't know where you are but they ship the Aviator worldwide.

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Oh. I feel so silly now... I apologise for posting this thread lol :tag:
This is what a forum like this is for. None of us have all the answers and all of us have questions. I have had to ship research and testing equipment all over the globe for 46 years so I've had to learn about the shipping do's, don'ts and loopholes in a lot of different countries. Hope you have success in procuring an Aviator Harness. It took a bit of training with Blu to get him used to putting it on and accepting it, but it has been well worth the effort.
0128181706_HDR.jpg