• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Annual Well Visit 2022

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My 3 boys and I are in the exam room at my vet—waiting for them to be taken back one cage at a time!
5D1256DB-1F6C-4ED9-B6E0-684D847DB5BB.jpeg
96FA7B94-835C-4EB3-B25C-ED63D1D7EA35.jpeg
Opie will finally get that leg band removed—I’m really happy about that! Psittacosis tests all around, too, because they will have to be boarded in October and January.

They are not amused. Of course.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww hello boys! I hope the visit goes well for everyone. I totally feel you about the leg band,I've gotten all of mine removed from every bird that had it. I know so many parrots have their bands their entire lives and nothing happens but I'd never forgive myself if something did happen and it could have been prevented by me having gotten it removed it sooner.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope all go's well

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Let us know how everything goes. :)

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, my first mistake…I completely blanked and fed them their full, regular breakfast. Since they had to be swabbed for the Psittacosis test, poor Opie has been regurgitating since he got back into the room. I won’t forget that again!! So far all X-rays are clear, and I should get bloodwork in a few days.

Forgot to his Post Reply on this, so I'll update by saying we are now all home. Water for everyone but holding off on the food for another few minutes. Physical exams were 'unremarkable', and Opie's ring is off now. Unfortunately, Jelly Bean had to be given some oxygen to get him awake again after sedation. That is probably because he is almost 6 yo, and both budgies are still overweight--but improving. His full crop didn't help matters (I'm an idiot, poor boys!).

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, my first mistake…I completely blanked and fed them their full, regular breakfast. Since they had to be swabbed for the Psittacosis test, poor Opie has been regurgitating since he got back into the room. I won’t forget that again!! So far all X-rays are clear, and I should get bloodwork in a few days.

Forgot to his Post Reply on this, so I'll update by saying we are now all home. Water for everyone but holding off on the food for another few minutes. Physical exams were 'unremarkable', and Opie's ring is off now. Unfortunately, Jelly Bean had to be given some oxygen to get him awake again after sedation. That is probably because he is almost 6 yo, and both budgies are still overweight--but improving. His full crop didn't help matters (I'm an idiot, poor boys!).
Oh no sorry that Jellybean had a bit of an issue thank goodness he's ok now :hug8: . Hopefully the testing will come back perfect and everything will be well for everybirdie.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You took them to the vet. That's a GREAT flock leader!