• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The adventures of Gimli

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I have been very bad on updating this thread. My little Gimli has grown I to an amazing little companion. Some cute update photos. I have many many more but the image quality wasn't awesome.. my new phone makes it much easier to keep these threads up to date.

He is a floof with legs.
IMG_20200620_113248_1.jpg IMG_20200627_113603.jpg IMG_20200627_202931.jpg

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Picard and Neptune have observed Gimli today. It went way better than I thought. Neptune was playing on the play stand nibbling leaves, ripping sticks and he relaxed, preening, sleeping and chattering....all with in eye sight of the little fluff monster. I feel very good about this. Low drama = A happy home for me :)

I will admittedly say I also felt bad a little bit. The disruption to my regular routine with my birds made me miss them. Granted each bird got out time, Pi flew his little heart out, Neptune played, Picard took a nap on his favourite person. Neptune also got his evening scritches.. but it is always stressful to add a new member to the routine. Pi wanted me to hang out in the office, but I spent nearly all day in the common area or outside. :(

The chickens accepted Gimli very easily. Luna was a little fearful, but not excessively.

It helps that Gimli is probably the most placid 11 week old pup I have ever met. He seems to have low prey drive. I dare say it may even be hard to motivate Mr. snuggle butt. Once he is asleep nothing wakes him. So I think in time it will all work out.

View attachment 320668

View attachment 320669

View attachment 320671

View attachment 320672
Awwwwww so cute.

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Look how much he´s grown!!!!! :faint: Just keeps on gettin´ cuter! :cloud9:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Oh yeah he has snow nose ! I have never had a dog who gets snow nose before. So we were little worried at first when he developed a pinkish strip on his nose. But apparently in the summer it will go back to black. More common is huskies but also in little wolf Gimli!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I love that he has his own little "sofa" to lounge on! Very cute!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I missed the older updates somehow! What a sweetie!

BirdWorld